April 29, 2017

[READING UPDATES] Dewey's Read-a-thon

Read-a-thon picks!! 
Hello,

I totally forgot to write a post for this so I'm doing this really quick (links will be added later)!

I joined Dewey's Read-a-thon which is a 24-hour read-a-thon where everyone starts and ends reading at the same time at April 29th 8AM EST to April 30th 8AM EST. Each hour, I'll do my best to post an update on what's going on with my reading or what. Updates will be quite rare for sure since I'm doing it April 29th, 8PM PHT to April 30th, 8PM PHT. It's a Saturday to Sunday kind of thing for me. So, I'll stay as late as I can tonight, go to church tomorrow, then read on the car to wherever else we're going. It's going to be difficult for me. But I'll do my best. My twitter will be updates regularly so I hope you guys check that!

Photo at the top is my read-a-thon picks. I won't be reading all of those (cuz DUH impossible for me!) because they're mostly 200-300 pages reads (those are the shortest books I can find in my shelf at the moment. I'm not a very short reader, I know. I plan to read 2-3 books I'll take my pick as I go. I chose this much because I'm such a mood reader.

read-a-thon updates!

Hour 1 (8:00PM)
We have dinner at this hour so sucks for me. We ate as a family but I finished quickly so I immediately grab my first read which is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. If you've been following me, you'll know that I've been reading this for a few weeks now. Physical book reading slump is read and this read-a-thon is my chance to change it! After a few pages, we cleaned up and I took a shower.


Hour 2 (9:00PM)
Now here I am at hour 2. Drafted this post up for updates and I'll be continuing The Picture of Dorian Gray in a bit. Happy reading everyone! 😊

Hour 3 (10:00PM)
Still on The Picture of Dorian Gray (DUH!). I've read a couple of chapters already which is an amazing reading pace for me. I plan to strictly focus on reading and have small breaks for typing my thoughts and whatnot. I hope I can finish 2 to 3 books for this #readathon. Wish me luck!

Hour 4 (11:00PM)
It's exactly 11:02PM at the moment. I'm on page 141 out of 231 of my current read -- The Picture of Dorian Gray. I'll stop updates for a while and will not lay in bed and read (will try to be active on twitter but maybe not so since I'm so focused on reading). I want to finish this tonight and start a new book first thing tomorrow. Might pick up The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho next!


Hour 5 - Hour 10 (12:00MN - 5:00AM)
I slept. I need to sleep, okay? I mean as much as I'd like to stay awake for the entire read-a-thon because I'm such a slow reader and I definitely need all the reading time I can get, I just can't afford to do that because I go to Church on Sunday (Yes, I'm Catholic 😊). 

Hour 11 (6:00AM)
I woke up and continued reading. I read while I eat breakfast. I got through a chapter or two, I think. I can't remember much now. 

Hour 12 - Hour 15 (8:00AM - 10:00AM)
I prepared to go to Church. I read a bit while waiting for my turn in the shower and such. I also read on our car ride to the Church. This read-a-thon really pushed me to read throughout all bits of time I was allowed to do so. I also brought a couple of books because why not?


Hour 16 - Hour 18 (11:00AM - 1:00PM)
We went to the mall after Church. We had lunch and did a couple of errands. I read through the car ride as well as whenever we walk. I  practically perfected the art of reading while walking. It was amazing!

Hour 19 (2:00PM)
Car ride back home. I wasn't able to finish my first book #sadlife but that's okay. I read throughout the car ride home and I pretty much got through the interesting parts of The Picture of Dorian Gray. This book really tells me to have more patience in classics because they get better half way through. 

Hour 20 - Hour 22 (3:00PM - 5:00PM)
I slept when we arrive home. Okay, I read a couple more pages or a chapter (can't remember much).

Hour 23 - END (6:00PM - 8:00PM)
Since I slept through the last couple of hours, I read and read and read unit I finish the only book I was able to get my hands on -- The Picture of Dorian Gray. It was an okay read. I read it for our little book club.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I think I failed this read-a-thon. They did say that it's a chill one but I was really hoping to read two to three books. I hope I'll be more focused to reading next time. Next #readathon is on Oct 21st!! I'll prepare for that one!



HOW ABOUT YOU
Are you participating in Dewey's Read-a-thon? Have you participated before? If not or if you've never joined, what do you think of read-a-thons? Any tips on how I can maximize my time? :)


let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the read a thon! I hope you read all the books that you hope to get to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Carole! I failed it but I'm still glad I tried and experienced the readathon for the first time. I'll definitely do better next time :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...