May 16, 2018

MARCH & APRIL WRAPUP (aka the months of amazing reads!)

random photo because (omg) i've been so lazy lately.
Hello,

So mid-February I tried to get back to blogging. I've written a few reviews but my work schedule ate me up again and I ended up scheduling nothing. So I decided to really just lay low for awhile and wait for my resignation from work.

NOW that I'm a jobless booknerd as I said on my last post, I'll be posting and reading as much as I can. I'm currently looking for jobs that are appropriate for my degree (unlike before) and something I'll enjoy and learn further as well. I have job interviews in the next couple of days. Wish me luck! I really want the one which I'm going to be interviewed for tomorrow!!

Also, here's something random! A week back, my book bestfriend and I watched Love, Simon and it was really cute! Honestly, it's not a most-fave-movie-ever kind of thing for me like most people have claimed. BUT I still did love it and I'm sure I would have loved it more if I didn't read the book prior to watching the movie (which made me want to write something about the read-the-book-then-see-the-movie vs see-the-movie-then-read-the-book kind of thing). But yeah, this will be for another discussion 😊

SO here's my VERY LATE March and April Wrap Up!

books read


books hauled

My March book haul (top list) is a mixture of books I bought and was given to me by my co-worker. Also, I was super happy to finally get my copy of Iron Gold then!! I've already read three (3) books from this list. I feel really guilty for mostly reading new books lately. 

My April book haul (bottom list) are books I bought except for The Gone World which was given to me by my book bestfriend on my last day at work. He gave it to me because he mistakenly bought another copy (which is weird because really, how can you forget books you buy? Is it weird that I know if I already have a particular book or not?). The World of Ink and Shadow was an insta-buy for me when I saw Bronte on the cover (lol). 

Annihilation (Southern Reach #1) by Jeff VanderMeer | Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro | Cooking for Picasso by Camille Aubray | Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown | Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe #2) by Neal Shusterman | Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes & Jo Piazza | Iron Gold (Red Rising #4) by Pierce Brown


Death Note: L Change the World by M | Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley | Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling | Authority (Southern Reach #2) by Jeff VanderMeer | The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen by Hendrik Groen | The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch

May to-be-read



HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, 
How was your April? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books, school life?
How was your month in reading? Anything you added to your faves? Anything you can recommend to me?

let's connect!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had quite a month! I'm interested to hear your thoughts on The Vegetarian, I hope you enjoy all of the books on your May TBR. Worlds of Ink and Shadow looks so intriguing, I really think I might have to pick up a copy of that one. I'm really hoping to pick up Monstress at some point as well. Great wrap-ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vegetarian has been on my TBR for so long. I'll definitely have my thoughts on that once I've read it. Worlds of Ink and Shadow, i think, is a historical fantasy about the Bronte's which is super interesting! :D I hope you get a chance to read Monstress soon!! Thanks, Jordan! :D

      Delete
  2. Looks like you read some pretty great books this month. I hope you enjoy the books you're planning to read in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time reading all of them :D Thanks, Abby! Here's hoping May will continue to be good to me :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck in your job search - it can take some time but I am sure you will find something fantastic. Meanwhile, you get to have more reading time!
    Jen Ryland Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen!! I've been reading so much since I resigned for work which is a super awesome perk :D

      Delete
  4. How did you enjoy Monstess? I haven't picked up to many graphic novels, but this one is my favorite so far. I just recently purchased the second volume and might get to it this month. Hope you have a lovely May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monstress was pretty good. I thought the story was pretty interesting and the art was really amazing!! :D But I don't think comics/graphic novels are my thing. I'm definitely sticking to manga. Thanks, Alicia! I hope you enjoy the second volume of Monstress :)

      Delete
  5. thats quiet the variety :D glad to see your reading has been so great lately!! Still need to try the series by Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lily! I hope you get around to reading Pierce Brown's series soon! It's something I recommend to everybody! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...