March 31, 2019

Spring 2019 TBR


Hi,

This year, I started making seasonal TBRs instead of a monthly one. And somehow I think it went okay?

I chose books based on the challenges I have for the next three months. I set 15 books for January - March and I got through 4 of them 😅 Not a very good count at this point but in my defense, I dropped out of the Winter Bookish Bingo because I wasn't feeling it and I picked up different books for the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge.

I'm still a mood reader so when I don't really feel like reading a particular book. I don't. I learned that it only pushes me away from reading books I really like to read. As always, read what you want to read. Don't let some reading challenge or other's preferences push you away from reading those books 😊

As my goal this year is to get through books I purchased years and years ago, I'm adding books I hauled and set as monthly to-be-read in the past years in the same months. Kind of like a look back and at the same time cleaning up. Here's my TBR for the next three months: April, May, and June.

Past TBRs

Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke (Winter 2019 TBR) | The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown (Winter 2019 TBR) | Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy (June TBR) | The Missing Ones (D.I. Lottie Parker #1) by Patricia Gibney | Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (June TBR)

I looked through my posts last year and I didn't have any April TBR (those busy days). All the books for my May TBR has been read (YAY!). Three out of five are from my June TBR. I'll try to get through these 😉 I already have a head start for The Missing Ones. I started it a couple of months back and I kind of read it on and off?

Books Hauled in 2017
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak | LaRose by Louise Erdrich | Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig |  Death Note: Another Note - The Los Angeles BB Murder Case by NisiOisiN | Thunderstruck by Erik Larson

I'm surprised with the books I saw when I checked my 2017 hauls for April, May, and June. April was Book Thief and The Husband's Secret (which I've read and loved!). May was clear. I've read both books hauled. June was ohmygod, my first month of work at my local bookstore (and my co-worker gave me books she has no plans on reading. Yay for reader co-workers!). I'm no sure if I can actually get through these but let's just throw in everything there! Some of the books in my June 2017 hauls are also being unhauled so lesser books for me. lol.

2019 Pop Sugar Reading Challenge
I am not putting anything for this category this season.  I don't know. I just don't want to add the same books as last season and as of right now I have no idea what else to read for some of the challenges. But I'll get through this. I'll probably need to drop by the secondhand bookstore to see more books and if I can squeeze in something for the challenges. I'm not pushing something I don't really want to read 😅
I'm looking for suggestions though. So if you know any good reads that can go into these challenges, leave them in the comments bellow :)


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
What are the books on your tbr this month? Are you participating in these challenges? Have you read any of these? Which of these should I prioritize?

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious what you'll think of Wink Poppy Midnight and Gone Girl, I liked both books a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put together a few books for my April TBR. It's a starting point for me, but I'm a mood reader too so whatever fits my mood at the time will be what I read. I'll be happy just to read again at this point lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...