October 3, 2019

AUGUST-SEPTEMBER WRAPUP (aka the month of picking up and dropping down books)

#MIBF2019 book haul
Hi,

The slump continues to plague me and I hate it. My mood and my energy just aren't there.

I have like 3 or 4 books in my side bed. I alternate bringing books to work depending on my mood for the day. I hate it because I want to stick to one book so that I can finish something. I also hate that I am NEVER in the mood for an ebook lately. I started a few of the ebooks I downloaded a couple of years ago but end up never really going further than the first chapter or two.

I dropped books because I also don't want to dwell so much on them. I want to live by the idea of read books I enjoy and drop books that aren't working out for me. This doesn't mean I'll leave these books unread on my shelf. I want to get back to them at some point.


books read

Catching Fire (the Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins | Wilder Girls by Rory Powers | My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite | Nichijou, vol. 5 by Keiichi Arawi

Catching Fire is soooo good! I can't choose which is my fave between The Hunger Games and this one. Wilder Girls was a nice YA version of Annihilation for me. Loved the mutation side and the writing. The relationship between the characters and the characters themselves weren't for me. But the story itself really stood well for me.My Sister, the Serial Killer had me deceived with that title thinking it's going to be some thriller creep stuff but no. It's really a literary fiction that deals with sibling relationship which is really interesting to see here. Was quite surprised to know that I haven't read Nichijou, vol 5 but here we are. Randomly grabbed it in MIBF and enjoyed it!

*   *   *

books hauled
Wilder Girls by Rory Powers | Dark Age (Red Rising Saga #5) by Pierce Brown | Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty | Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) & Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Roolwing | Well Met by Jen DeLuca | Confessions by Kanae Minato | The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary | Brave New World by Aldous Huxley | Death in the Air: The True Story of a Serial Killer, the Great London Smog, and the Strangling of a City by Kate Winkler Dawson | Nichijou, vol. 5 by Keiichi Arawi


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. Hey! Long time no see <3 How are you? I'm sorry the slump is still being horrible *hugs*My reading month was pretty great and October is going good so far. I already read two books - books 2 and 3 of Rebel of the Sands trilogy and it was SO GOOD. I absolutely recommend it if you haven't read it yet.

    Uma@Books.Bags.Burgers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uma!! Thank you so much! Setting aside the slump, I've been good. I've seen the Rebel of the Sands quite a lot a couple of years back. Will definitely keep that one in mind :)

      Delete
  2. It's always hard to see fellow booklovers being in a slump. The hard thing is that there isn't just one cure...

    I do hope you find a book this month that will get you out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Getting out of slumps is just so different for everyone. I've been torn between pushing on reading or laying it off. Thank you, Esther :)

      Delete
  3. I've been reading like a maniac for the last couple of months so it's been great. But at the same time, I've also been hauling like crazy. Gah.

    Anyway, I hope you'll have an awesome October, Czai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta get a new one when you finish one. Sounds like you've balanced it out well, Joy. lol.

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I was in a really bad slump for the past three months but am just getting back into a better reading habit. I only read three books during September and one in August. I love Catching Fire and have been intrigued by Wilder Girls ever since it came out. Hopefully you'll get out of your slump in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know you're coming out of it well. Catching Fire is really gooood! loved it too! I love the mystery side of Wilder Girls. The characters felt off for me but I really think that it was just me being quite off with most YA characters lately. But it's good story/plot-wise.
      Thank you, Abby :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...