March 9, 2020

FEBRUARY WRAPUP (aka my first impromptu #readathon month)


Hi,

February was short but I was so glad that I still managed to read 4 books! I read most of the 3 books in one day when I was able to have an entire day reading which helped me keep up with my goodreads reading challenge.

But anyway, February felt  bit long for me. It was the start of Spring Training for MLB which was a good plus but still not my thing. But at least that's something (it's already opening month though. I'm hyped!). I also started watching more Netflix which is weird for me. I watched a couple of Studio Ghibli movies and Stranger Things and I finally finished Hannibal. Also watched To All the Boys...: PS I Still Love You AND All the Bright Places adaptations! That feels a lot for me since I'm never the watching type of person. So that's new.

Also, I went to Stickercon Manila with my sister. I hoarded so much. Spent like $30-ish worth of stickers. idk. I shouldn't let this happen again to be honest. Because also in this same month, I bought couple of new books and also pre-ordered a couple of somewhat expensive books. The next few months will be about me saving my money for sure.


books read


Strange Weather in Tokyo by Hiromi Kawakami | Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth | No Longer Human Junji Ito (manga), Osamu Dazai (story) | Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

quick thoughts right here with their respective Popsugar prompts👇
Strange Weather in Tokyo (book set in Japan) - this book was beautiful. Slow burn romance and I really, really felt this. LOVED IT!
Divergent (Divergent #1) (book with at least a four-star rating on Goodreads - 4.20 at the time of reading) - this one's a reread and I still liked it. I plan to read Insurgent next soon.
No Longer Human (book you picked because the title caught your attention) - I like this! I wouldn't say fave but I was engrossed in the story and it made me want to try the novel. It also made me curious of Osamu Dazai's other books.
Dark Matter (book with only words on the cover, no images or graphics) - I cannot believe I didn't read this the moment I got it. This s soooo good and exciting. Read it really quick!

*   *   *

books hauled


In a Field of Blue by Gemma Liviero | Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History by Tori Telfer | For Whom the Book Tolls (An Antique Bookshop Mystery #1) by Laura Gail Black | Ghosted by Rosie Walsh | The Authenticity Project by Clare Pooley | Last Breath (Detective Erika Foster #4) by Robert Bryndza | Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster #6) by Robert Bryndza | The Memory Police by Yōko Ogawa | The Little Bookshop on the Seine by Rebecca Raisin

I cannot believe I spent so much this month. It's not just books and I somewhat hate myself for it. But maybe that's just me being too stressed about life in general. I got too much kindle ebooks from Kindle Deals. I also went to the bookstore a couple of times, bought books and pre-ordered a couple of books.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read Dark Matter. What did you think of Divergent?

    I'm weird about Netflix too. Once I get going I'm fine but it's hard for me to work up the energy to start anything lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a reread but I still really enjoyed Divergent. Still loved the world and although there were a bit of cringe-y stuff going on, I still liked it :)

      I kind of need to get the hang of this binge watching thing. lol.

      Delete
  2. Dark Matter was a great book! I remember liking Divergent when I read that years ago as well. Stickercon sounds interesting. I spent way too much on books in the past couple of months myself and am trying to scale it back for the next little bit. I hope you have a great March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i cannot believe it took me a couple of years to finally pick up Dark Matter! Stickercon was really fun. I got to meet some of my fave artists. I'd really love to go to another one. Thanks, Carole :)

      Delete
  3. Dark Matter is one of my favorites. I listened to it on audiobook and it was so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get the hang of listening to thrillers in audio. Maybe soon. I read it physically but still thoroughly enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul there. I loved The Authenticity Project. It was wonderful the way Pooley wove all the characters' lives together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha! Just saw it on the bookstore and I thought the plot was really nice :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...