February 3, 2021

JANUARY WRAP UP (aka the month of hoping for better things)

Hi,

January was an okay start for the year for me.

Reading-wise, I think I've been okay. At least I'm on track for my reading goal of 52 books but in all honesty, I want to get through more than that. I have Dune on my night table for a couple of weeks now and I'm really hoping to get it done soon (but to be honest, I'm somehow not getting into it right now). Aside from that, I'm currently reading Wink Poppy Midnight and The Overdue Life of Amy Byler (which I mentioned on my last weekly wrapup)

I'm quite hopeful for February, sports-wise. It's gonna be a full month of Hockey (here's hoping Rangers actually do something. lmao). And MLB Spring Training starts at the end of the month (although I'm generally just hoping for the season to start! Excited for my Yankees this year!).


books read


Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown | The Other Widow by Susan Crawford | Crazy Stupid Bromance (Bromance Book Club #3) by Lyssa Kay Adams | The Weight of Zero by Karen Fortunati

quick thoughts right here with their respective Popsugar prompts 
👇
Red Rising (book you have seen on someone's bookshelf) - it's my 4th or 5th reread. LOVED IT EVEN MORE!! I'm hoping to reread Golden Son soon!!
The Other Widow (a free book from your TBR) - didn't enjoy this. I didn't care about the mystery aspect at all but I do think the twist is pretty okay. Check out my review here.
Crazy Stupid Bromance (book by an author who shares your zodiac sign) - LOVED THIS! I SHOULD GET THE 2ND BOOK SOON AND HYPE MYSELF UP FOR THE 4TH BOOK!
The Weight of Zero (has fewer than 1,000 reviews on Amazon or Goodreads) - I'm happy I finally read this. It started slow for me but I ultimately ended up loving Cath!

book haul


Mother May I by Joshilyn Jackson

JUST ONE! OMG! THIS MAKES ME HAPPY!


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're on track with your goals, czai. At the end of the day, that's all we could hope for. Still trying to get through Crazy Stupid Bromance, don't know why I'm not getting into it. I love that series after all. Also, put Dune back on my shelves. Just no inkling to read it right now. I mean, I also downloaded the audio, but for some reason, I just can't get into it. sigh.

    Here's to a great February, czai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I easily jumped into it (even though I haven't read the 2nd book, haha) probably because of the friends to lovers aspect. There were still a couple of things that felt a bit off for me but in the end, I enjoyed it. I am considering putting Dune down!! I'm really tempted to do that!! I'll probably read a couple more chapters just so I can get through the 100-page mark then see how I feel.

      Thank you Joy! Hope you'll have a fantastic February as well!

      Delete
  2. The Weight of Zero has been on my TBR for a long while. I have to see if my library has it. I knew you liked the Yankees, but I didn't realize your love of NY sports teams extended to hockey too. I grew up in NY, but my family has split alliances when it comes to the teams. Hope the season goes well for your teams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read and like The Weight on Zero as well :)
      I recently tried hockey. Just last year and it took me a while to really stick to a team. To be honest, I don't know why I didn't pick a better team but then I'm already enjoying the Rangers so hope they do well somehow.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...