April 9, 2019

MARCH WRAPUP (aka the month of Harry Potter #4)


Hi,

March was a busy month for me.

The first week, I went hiking with my sister and her co-workers which is a first for me. The second week, we went on a staycation out of town for my parent's 30th anniversary. The third week, we stayed at home and I finally finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (OMG!). Also, my sister and I finally finished watching You on Netflix and I have mixed feelings about it (I'll try to have my thoughts up at some point). The fourth week, we went to a book sale which was a real bargain (4 books for less than$15!) and my youngest sister finally graduated senior high school!

Anyway, I called this the month of HP#4 because I read this huge brick for 2-3 weeks, I think? 700+ is too much for me but I never really forced myself into it. I was really loving it and if it wasn't for work and life, in general, I probably go through it in a week. Can't take a photo of it right now because my cousin borrowed it :)


books read

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry, Gregory Norminton (translator) | Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling

reading challenge update
12 out of 52 - Goodreads Reading Challenge
11 - Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge
5 out of 40 - 2019 PopSugar Reading Challenge

3 out of 20 - Read Books Own in 2017 or Earlier
4 out of 20 - Read YA
4 out of 10 - Read Science Fiction / Fantasy Books
1 out of 5 - Read 'Big Books' (500+ Pages Books)
0 out of 5 - Read 5 Classics
0 out of 5 - Read Stephen King Books

Also, I'm failing my book buying challenge of read 3 books = buy 1 book
books read = 12
books bought = 10

*   *   *

books hauled

Lost Crow Conspiracy (Blood Rose Rebellion #2) by Rosalyn Eves | The Leavers by Lisa Ko | The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skoot | Hawking's Hallway (the Accelerati Trilogy #3) by Neal Shusterman & Eric Elfman | One Day in December by Josie Silver | The Wayward Girls by Amanda Mason

I got the first four books in bargain prices, as I said, 4 books for$15! So happy I got Hawking's Hallway. Time to search for book 2 of that series! I grabbed One Day in December when I bought books for gifting (I bought The Lightning Thief for my 11-yr old cousin and the Puffin Chalk editon of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for my sister) because I want a light read so here we are. I got The Wayward Girls from Bonnier Zaffre via NetGalley and I am so excited to read it!!!


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, 
How was your March? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books, school life?
How was your month in reading? Anything you added to your faves? Anything you can recommend to me?

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I read Harry Potter omg

    Lotte | www.lottelauv.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely ignoring March lol I moved and the whole month was a blur.

    I've heard so many amazing things about The Little Prince though and hope to read it one day.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...