November 3, 2019

OCTOBER WRAPUP (aka the month of #Burtontober)

trying this style in my photos
Hi,

October is a mixture of highs and lows for me. Also, because of these lows, I ended up grabbing a few books even though #MIBF2019 just got done. ugh.

I watched the Joker earlier this month with my best friend. I like the development of Joker throughout the story. You could really see where things started. The bigger picture though is a bit tough to see and I don't really know what to feel about it. But either way, it was okay for me.

This month I joined #burtontober hosted by @LostAndBoundBks over at Twitter to push myself to read more and somehow it worked out well for me. I don't wanna say I'm done with the slump though but I'd like to believe we're getting out of there :)

Also, I'm finally watching anime again!! I'm currently watching: Babylon, Chihayafuru S3, No Guns Life, and PSYCHO-PASS S3.


books read


Mockingjay (the Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins | Confessions by Kanae Minato | Steins;Gate vols. 1 & 2 by Yomi Sarachi | A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic #1) by V.E. Schwab

Mockingjay was meh. I don't really know... but after Catching Fire which was sooo good, Mockingjay just felt meh. Confessions is soooooo good. I really hope to write a review of it. I LOVED IT! I need more psychological thrillers like this!! I re-read Steins;Gate vol 1 because I got vol 2 on an impulse sad-me buy. I also read these 2 for Dewey's 24hr Read-a-thon. A Darker Shade of Magic was my last book for #burtontober and I cannot believe I pushed off reading this for so long! This. is. good!! This is coming from someone who don't read a lot of fantasy!!

*   *   *

books hauled


Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys | Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1) by Mark Lawrence | The Silence by Tim Lebbon | Platinum End, vol 8 and vol 9 by Tsugumi Ohba (author) & Obata Takeshi (illustrator) | Steins;Gate vol 2 by Yomi Sarachi


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great reading month! I'm currently at page 100 in Mockingjay. So great to be back in this series!!

    I wish you a great November with good books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mockingjay is such a quick read! I'm watching the movie soon!
      Thank you, Esther! :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a pretty good month. It is great to hear that you are working your way our of your slump. I recently added Fountains of Silence too and am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the reading challenges really worked out well for me :) I really hope to read Fountain of Silence soon but I just received The Toll and I am more psyched for that one! hahaha

      Delete
  3. Still a good month, considering. :)

    Have a great November, Czai!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I am sorry there were some lows in the month but yay for book retail therapy! I really want to read Fountains of Silence and also Red Sister, so I will be curious to see what you make of those! Catching Fire is also my favourite in THG series and I agree that Mockingjay is the most disappointing in the series overall :/ I am glad you enjoyed A Darker Shade of Magic! I really need to read book 2 in that series soon...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...