November 10, 2019

[WEEKEND READS] where I am finally reading my most anticipated book of the year!

another experiment shot for me. haha

Hi,

It was quite a dull week for me. Not much going on at work.

I've been binge watching Big Bang Theory recently though. And I'm going through some of the current anime this season. Chihayafuru 3 is really gooood. Psycho-Pass 3 is a bit frustrating to watch. No Guns Life is interesting. I'm going to watch a couple more episodes of Babylon which is also an interesting political mystery thriller.

I recently finished Well Met which was a nice light romance read. Wasn't a fan of the love interest at first but he grew on me. I like how I was able to relate to the two of them at some point :) I had a review written out. I just hope I can have it up soon.
current reads



The Toll (Arc of a Scythe #3) | Neal Shusterman
I just started this and I'm just going with the flow of events. The ending of the second book is slowly coming back to me so. But yeah, I don't really worry with Neal Shusterman book. I know that even though it didn't start with a bang for me, I know that at some point, I'll be all into this :)

Like a River Glorious (The Gold See trilogy #2) | Rae Carson
I started this a couple of months ago and just getting back to it. It's the book I bring to work (because The Toll is too HUGE!). To be honest, I'm not really that into the story but I still want to get through it. I'd like to believe that I just lost my interest on this story because I remember myself actually liking the first book. But this one felt, so slow, and boring, and... meh. Hopefully it picks up at some point.

See How They Run | Tom Bale
This started strong for me. I LOVE the first few chapters because it's so exciting. The way it's written makes you want to find out what happens next immediately! BUT the moment I put it down, life just goes on and I don't really think much about this. But yeah, where it's at right now, I'm really intrigued by what's really going on. And how they'll be able to escape the men that's watching them. It's kind of a horrifying set up because See How They Run follows a couple who was caught up in a 


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I love that hardcover copy of The Toll. I have a floppy ol' ARC, so I'll make do. Lol.

    Happy reading, Czai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do hope that the Rae Carson book will pick up and get a bit exciting soon. And yay for loving (and hopefully, continuing to love) your most anticipated read this year! I have read Scythe which I thought was okay. Everyone likes Thunderhead a lot more so I do want to give book 2 a go at some point! I'm reading It by Stephen King :D

    Olivia-S @ Olivia's Catastrophe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...