December 15, 2019

NOVEMBER WRAPUP (aka the month of uneventful things)


Hi,

November was... forgettable, I guess?

I mean I can't even think of anything that's particularly notable that happened to me. I do remember being a bit busy at work, trying to get through the thicc book I was reading which was The Toll by Neal Shusterman, and generally being so focused on the whole Astros issue over at MLB. so yeah, uneventful.

My reading was pretty uneventful as well since I got stuck with The Toll. This doesn't mean it wasn't good. It was. But big books were never really my thing. I wanted to like big books but I'm always just overwhelmed by them but I pushed through with this one because Neal Shusterman is my all time fave author.


books read


Well Met by Jen DeLuca

Just some cute romance. It didn't start well for me although the characters grew in me. Probably halfway through or so, I was a bit 'meh' over the love interest, Simon. But at the end of it all, I really enjoyed their relationship and Emily's growth as a character throughout the novel. Really nice quick read (review to come, for sure. I just need the motivation to type it in. lol)

*   *   *

books hauled


Number the Stars by Lois Lowry | Bruiser by Neal Shusterman | The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena | Mission 27 by Mark Feinsand & Bryan Hoch

I got the first three books from a secondhand bookstore. Kind of my thing right now :) Mission 27 though is a kindle ebook I got from Kindle daily deals. So excited to read about the last Yankees championship!


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. How did I not know Shusterman is your all-time favorite author? He's mine too, so I feel a sort of kinship with you now! I ended up "reading" The Arc of the Scythe Series via audiobook, even though I own them all (actually, I did read Scythe originally, but I did a reread via Audible). Bigger books are a lot less scary to me that way. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Met had everything I look for in contemporary romance and I’m looking forward to the release of the sequel Well Played later this year. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a cute, contemporary romance.

    Hannah
    Ford 7.3L Injectors

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...