May 30, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I'm getting things back on track here!


Hi,

I am once again saying that I am BACK!! 

A backtrack of the month will happen on my wrap-up. For this week, I'm happy to say that my sisters and I finally got our vaccine shot last Tuesday. With the rate my country was going, I thought I'll get mine mid-year so I guess we're doing better than I thought.

Reading-wise, I've been a bit sluggish. I've been like that for most of the month I guess. But at least, I was able to finish a book this week. I got through The Last Anniversary before the week ends. I liked it but not as much as I expected. I didn't care much about the characters aside from the mystery aspect. I didn't care about Sophie and her search for romance which disappointed me. I do like the reveal though so at least that part satisfied me. I like the reveal and the story behind the Munro child. Not like as in I like what happened but more of I like how it was done, the story, the reason for it.

current read

Mosquitoland | David Arnold
I tried reading this waaaaay back then but I was probably not on the right headspace then because wow I'm actually liking this. I like Mim and her journal and how this is generally written. And I probably didn't pay much attention about the actual story when I first read it so that's definitely on me. I like this right now and I hope it'll stay that way until I finish this.

Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties | Camille Pagán
Another chick lit for me. A woman in her 50s, her husband left her, she gets mad, went to their planned trip to Italy using his card, and who knows what happens? This sounds fun and it could be like one of those finding her happiness kind of book. I don't know about romance but there maybe is like all of those chick lit stuff.

reading plans

Wow, I'm reading doing badly on this aspect. lol. But we'll still let this roll because why not?

FINISH (wed): Mosquitoland
FINISH (thu): Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties
START (thu): You Love Me

last time on the blog

JUNE TBR!! - my tbr jar tells me what to read. hahaha
I tried Dewey's 24hr #readathon - there's that I guess. my personal May #readathon was also a failure. lol
REVIEWS: Mother May I, Hourglass, How to Find Love in A Bookshop
Q1 Reading Stats - Q2 soon!! this is exciting. lol!


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

6 comments:

  1. I hope you are still enjoying Mosquitoland. I liked it, but I love David Arnold books. There is something about his writing that works for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still enjoying it. I'm reading it every chance I can get! And I have a good feeling that it will all go well for me that I might get his other books.

      Delete
  2. I need to read Mosquitoland since I have really enjoyed the two David Arnold books that I have read so far. So glad that you are back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole!! That's so good to know that you enjoyed his other book! I might just pick them up since I'm really liking Mosquitoland.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...