May 29, 2021

10 Books From My TBR Jar that I'll Try to Get to Soon!!


Hi,

It's been a while. I just opened Blogger again and saw a draft post of my May tbr which clearly won't be going up now. But I did read books from that stack and have a list written down on my journal for tracking. May was about physical books I recently purchased (which stretched to waaaay back in late 2019. lol). 

I'd like to talk about what's up with me and May but I'll have all of that for my weekend reads post and April-May wrap up next week. Let's just say it has been overwhelming.

ANYWAY, as you've read, my June TBR are all random books picked from my TBR Jar! I haven't used my tbr jar in a while since I started the monthly tbr challenge. So here we are! I had fun doing this. I considered taking a video but somehow I still feel weird about it. haha.


1984 by George Orwell
I tried reading this years ago but I struggled, got a bit bored with the writing thus this still staying on my tbr. I still prob won't get to this but who knows, I guess? The tbr jar is testing me. lol
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
I actually got Throne of Glass from the jar but since I've reread that a couple of months back, I decided to go with the second book.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I tried reading this years ago as well but I wasn't at the right headspace so I dropped it after a chapter or two, I think. Never had the motivation to read it. Maybe this time?
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
I honestly forgot what this is about but I'm sure this will be a quick read. I've only read Dumplin by her and I'm really interested to read more.
Ivory and Bone (Ivory and Bone #1) By Julie Eshbaugh
I got this from a giveaway and shamefully haven't even thought of ever reading this 😞


Seeker (Seeker #1) by Arwen Elys Dayton
I have zero clue what this is about. Got this from a bookish event. 
You Love Me (You #3) by Caroline Kepnes
I AM EXCITED FOR THIS!!! Bought this early May and I've been thinking about reading it and wow the tbr jar has spoken! I'll get to this sooooon!!
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
I bought this when it was released because I was such a Lunar Chronicles fangirl back then. BUT I went off  the Marissa Meyer hyped train. I just want to read this now just for the sake of reading it I guess. Then maybe get rid of it (I've been considering unhauling books tbh).
Rescue at Los Baños by Bruce Henderson
Bought this years ago because I wanna get into more non-fictions, then WWII, then set in Philippines
A Crown of Wishes (the Star-Touched Queen #2) by Roshani Chokshi
Sequel to a book I read because I got it from a giveaway. lol.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Do you have a TBR jar? Have you read any of these? Which ones should I read first?

let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I hope you love all these books. I read 1984 back in the 80s in school. It was good. I actually think Orwell's books are good in general. I liked the ToG books too, as well as Ramona Blue. I remember all the drama with Ramona Blue and it was so wrong, but the book was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really have high expectations for some of these!! 1984 being a school required reading for some also makes me scared of it but that also assures me that it will be worth my time. My goal is to get through all my ToG books this year then buy and read those I still don't have by next year. So glad you liked Ramona Blue! Definitely a good boost!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nice to know you enjoyed it, Greg! I don't think I saw people talk about it.

      Delete
    2. I hope you like it too. It's a little different because it's set in prehistoric times but sometims the language of the characters feels too... modern, maybe? If I remember right, it's been a few years. But I really liked it and the sequel.

      Delete
    3. the prehistoric part is probably the only thing I know about it. the modern feels for the characters sounds off but I guess I'll see if I'll enjoy it. And now that I checked it, it feels like an upside that it's only a 2-book series.

      Delete
  3. I really liked The Book Thief and You Love Me and hope you do as well. I downloaded Seeker from NetGalley but never got around to reading it. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much love for The Book Thief that I get a bit scared reading it. I am really excited to read You Love Me though. I'll probably get to it next!! I probably never saw anyone talking about Seeker anyway. hahaha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...