August 9, 2021

[24HR READATHON] August 2021 Dewey's 24-Hour Reverse Readathon Day!!


Hi,

It's that time of the year!

Last April, I did a massive amount of sleeping so I barely read. AND this time, I barely read generally because chores and it took me forever to get through Wuthering Heights because I'm taking notes and highlighting things. BUT, in general, I think that this readathon went well for me. I may be a very slow reader but I did get through more pages than I expected from myself which I'm really happy about.

Things of note,

- The #readathon / #reversereadathon happened August 6th, 8PM EST. Check out their twitter account and their website.
- I didn't have a specific TBR then. I just decided to read what was already in my side table which are: (1) Wuthering Heights which is my first buddy read book for the month. I read 5 chapters for our next discussion. Took notes, and highlighted a few lines, and (2) The Kind Worth Killing which I've been hoping to jump into. It's part of my 10 books to read in 2021 and I'm really speeding through this.


- Similar to last April, I also watched the Yankees game while reading. Two games got into the timeframe of the readathon this time but I was still able to push through with my reading and enjoy the game which was an absolute rare win for me (also great wins by the Yankees). 
- I did a bit of the readathon bingo but I wasn't able to tackle more of what's written in it.
- had a good amount of snacks this time around as well 😀 snack #1, snack #2, snack #3
- SO overall, I think that I actually enjoyed this reverse readathon spin since it starts in the morning for me and I get to do a bit of reading and get the hang of it instead of the usual 8AM EST start which starts in the evening for me which also means I sleep first before reading for most of the part (or try to stay up late then massively fail. lmao).
- But yeah, I think that this readathon is another success for me despite my page count. I didn't exactly record it this time but I assume I got through 250-ish pages (?): 200-ish from The Kind Worth Killing and 50-ish from Wuthering Heights. I really wish I could have read more but it is what it is.
- Next readathon, I believe is October. I'm not sure if they already have a date 😅 but I'm definitely participating on that one as well (also maybe have this much focus when I try my monthly 24hr readathons. hahaha).


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Did you participate in this month's Dewey's 24-Hour Reverse Readathon? Did you read the entire 24 hours? How many books/pages did you read?

let's connect!

4 comments:

  1. I did not take part, but I keep meaning to do a readathon of some sort. The Kind Worth Killing is a book that I'm curious about!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do things like this because I just shut down lol

    I love following along with other readers progress though and it still motivates me to read more even if I'm doing it from the sidelines :-)


    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I can do a 24-hr readathon, but I fall asleep fairly easily. Lol. Good luck on the next one! Imma need coffee hooked up to an IV if I ever participate. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done this readathon! I should though, and any excuse for snacks... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...