November 22, 2018

OCTOBER WRAPUP (aka the month of read-a-thons)


Hi,

October was good (?). I think. I don't know. It didn't feel like a special month for me, to be honest. Reading-wise, it's been good. My reading pace is back 😊 I participated in two read-a-thons. It was supposed to be three but life happened.

Also, this post is also extremely late. But who cares? 😅

Work update: it's been good. It's not as bad as before but it also doesn't mean that I'm all good with my co-workers. Honestly, I'm still not very comfortable with them but at the very best, it's not as awkward as before (with the exception of certain people, of course). It's too difficult to be socially awkward. I honestly have NO IDEA how to talk to people like 80% of the time, I HAVE NO IDEA what to say to them or how to react to things they say (especially when I don't find the things they say funny or at the very least amusing. it's difficult to smile when you're not feeling it, yeah?).

On other news, I'm trying to get back to my blogging mood. I'm drafting reviews and other posts at the moment. I'll have everything scheduled by December 😉


books read


Perfect Blue: the Complete Metamorphosis by Yoshikazu Takeuchi, Nathan A. Collins (Translator) | The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo (Millennium #1) by Stieg Larsson | Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling | Red Rising: Sons of Ares by Pierce Brown, Rik Hoskin (Writer), Eli Powell (Illustrator) | A Pack of Blood and Lies (the Boulder Wolves #1) by Olivia Wildenstein | Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Perfect Blue was a very quick read for me. It was a thriller that's quite graphic (or at least for me it is since for some reason, I can clearly imagine the horrible things happening). The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo was good. It feels like the usual crime fiction. I'll try to have a minireview some time up in December. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was my break from all the heavy books I'm reading. It's light, quick, and a really relaxing read. Sons of Ares is the only graphic novel I'm extremely excited about. I'm not a graphic novel reader but I still enjoyed it although I have to admit that the storytelling isn't exactly for me. A Pack of Blood and Lies is a book by an author whose books I read and enjoyed. But this one didn't exactly worked for me. It was okay and nothing about it really felt new for me. I'll have my review up closer to release date: April!! Slaughterhouse-Five was a book I've been curious about. I read it and it's one of those books that I feel I need to read again to get a better view of things 😅

books hauled


After Auschwitz: A story of heartbreak and survival by the stepsister of Anne Frank by Eva Schloss | Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline | What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera | What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum | Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling

Aside form What If It's Us, all of these are unexpected purchases. And this is why I NEED to go on another buying ban. I get out of control sometimes it's not good 😅 Anyway, I'm glad I was able to finally get a couple more contemporary romance. My shelf's lacking some light reads already. I'm seeing mostly literary fictions and mystery-thrillers and scifi and while I love those genres, they are quite draining to read sometimes.

November to-be-read


Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter, #1) by Thomas Harris | It by Stephen King | Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) by J.K. Rowling | The Road Beyond Ruin by Gemma Liviero | The Body on the Doorstep (Hardcastle & Chaytor Mysteries #1) by A.J. MacKenzie

I already started Red Dragon a week or so. As for It, I really just want to finish it before the year ends. I basically failed my personal reading challenges so finishing this will really give me a "somehow" accomplished feeling. I hope. Harry Potter #3 is going to be my feel good book of the month. The Road Beyond Ruin will be published in January. And The Body on the Doorstep is a book I received in anticipation of the already released paperback edition of The Body in the Boat which is the third book in the series.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, 
How was your October? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books, school life?
How was your month in reading? Anything you added to your faves? Anything you can recommend to me?

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. Glad work is getting a little better at least. Hopefully you'll feel more comfortable with your coworkers as time goes on. The people you work with make such a difference with how pleasant or unpleasant a job can be.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree to that! I know some people resign from their work because of the people they work with. Thank you, Nicole! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...