March 3, 2019

FEBRUARY WRAPUP (aka the month of quick reads)

all the books read

Hi,

February was a busy month for me. I've been unusually busy at work which is a good thing (?). But also sad because I get lesser and lesser time writing blog posts and blog hopping.

In February I participated in #catreadathon which really pushed me to read 4 books in 2 weeks! Really surprising pace for me right here. And because of this, I got a 2 books ahead on my goodreads reading challenge! Yay! I'm doing my best to keep that lead up 😊

Also, late February, I started watching You on Netflix which I have mixed feelings about. I'll probably write some of my thoughts on a #weekendreads post when I finish it. It's good if I look at it as a series itself. But I've read the book. Soooo. Yeah.


books read

Dry by Neal Shusterman & Jarrod Shusterman | You (You #1) by Caroline Kepnes | Tesla's Attic (the Accelerati Trilogy #1) by Neal Shusterman & Eric Elfman | Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan | Wonder by R.J. Palacio | Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart

I read Dry as soon as I got it because uhhh.. Neal Shusterman book? It was really well written and, as always, and his characters are always so engaging. You was a really horrifying read. Told in the point of view of a stalker as if he's talking to you as he watches or monitors your every move. Tesla's Attic really had that usual Neal Shusterman feels with an interesting scifi elements involving Tesla's "inventions" and a secret organization started by Edison (?) or was it people who follow him (?). Either way, it's a fun read. I lent it to my 11-yr old cousin and she's enjoying it 😉 Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore was a really well written mystery that's sooooo engaging and also dark (?). Review to come (hopefully). Wonder was a lovely read. I cried but not as much as I cried in the movie (which I would have to shamefully admit that I'm going with a movie over book here but also the narration style of the book is soooo very good!). FINALLY, Genuine Fraud was a partly disappointing read for me? Or maybe my expectations failed me. Or maybe my wild expectation failed me. The backwards narration is the only interesting thing here though. I didn't like Jule as well as the chain of events.

reading challenge update
9 out of 52 - Goodreads Reading Challenge
10 - Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge
4 out of 40 - 2019 PopSugar Reading Challenge

3 out of 20 - Read Books Own in 2017 or Earlier
out of 20 - Read YA
3 out of 10 - Read Science Fiction / Fantasy Books
0 out of 5 - Read 'Big Books' (500+ Pages Books)
0 out of 5 - Read 5 Classics
0 out of 5 - Read Stephen King Books

Also, I'm failing my book buying challenge of read 3 books = buy 1 book
books read = 10
books bought = 5

I should read 5 + 3 = 8 more books before my next purchase 😱😱😱 not counting, of course, the 2 exceptions I made but that's months to go! ohmygosh!

*   *   *

books hauled

York Notes on Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights" | The Brontës (Everyman's Poetry Series) by Anne Brontë, Emily Brontë, Charlotte Brontë, Patrick Branwell Brontë, Pamela Norris (Editor) | The Glass Town Game by by Catherynne M. Valente,  Rebecca Green (Illustrations)

So all of these has something to do with the Brontës. Weird me. lol. I bought the Wuthering Heights York Notes and The Brontës at a secondhand bookshop. Both books were less than a dollar. The Glass Town Game was the book my best friend gave me.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, 
How was your February? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books, school life?
How was your month in reading? Anything you added to your faves? Anything you can recommend to me?

let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. Wonder is such a great story and I do believe everyone should read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I love how all the characters were given their perspective on things :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Wonder. It was such an amazing read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! both the book and the movie are great!

      Delete
  3. I adore Shusterman, but for some reason I haven't read EITHER of these books yet. Shame on me!! (Glad you loved them.)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get around them as well! His books are always so well written!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...