February 7, 2019

2019 Catastrophe Read-A-Thon TBR


Hi,

I was going to do #contemporaryathon but then this challenge feels better because it's open to a larger genre of books. AND it's a two-week read-a-thon which gives me more time to read. There are 7 books in this TBR and I'm sure I won't be able to get through all of these. I'm hoping to get around 3 to 4 books though. Crossing my fingers that'll actually happen.

things about #catreadathon
- reading challenge runs from February 14th to February 28th
- hosted by Olivia @ Olivia's Catastrophe
- the annoucement post can be found here and here!!
- the read-a-thon is about reading books that's been on our TBR for who know when even?
- there are #bookstagram challenges & blog challenges (which I'll most likely do!)
- the reading challenges are:
  1. Read your oldest unread book
  2. Read a 400+ tome
  3. Cover Buy
  4. So old you don’t know where it’s from
  5. An author you know and love
  6. A new to you author
  7. A hyped book

As always, this is a tentative TBR and it may change depending on my mood 😅

#catreadathon TBR


Tesla's Attic (The Accelerati Trilogy #1) by Neal Shusterman  & Eric Elfman (Read your oldest unread book)
I'm sure the oldest unread book in my shelf is Allegiant but I'm not in the mood for that (and I really want to at least re-read Insurgent before I actually read that). So instead of picking that up, I decided to pick among books I feel have been on my shelf for 5 years maybe? I'm not sure at this point but I know I didn't have it in the last 3 years. lol.
It by Stephen King (Read a 400+ tome)
Legit tome right here although I've already gotten half of it. So I'll probably just go through 500+ pages more. But still... it's a long way to go.
Blood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion #1) by Rosalyn Eves (Cover Buy)
Not exactly 'buy' since this was one of the free books I got while working for my local bookstore. But basically, I picked this on a whim because that cover is kind of pretty.


Sekret (Sekret, #1) by Lindsay Smith (So old you don’t know where it’s from)
I know where and from whom my books came from. So I'm picking something I can't remember my reasoning for picking it up. I literally have no idea why and when I bought this book. I'm sure I bought it from my fave bookstore but I can't really member what the heck was up on that day why I decided to get it and not other books (because I'm sure I was gushing on other books as well).
The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah (An author you know and love)
I read Kristin Hannah's The Nightingale in 2017 and absolutely LOVED it. So when this came out I was so hyped but I was also a bit scared to pick it up. I'll take this opportunity to read this book!
Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan (A new to you author)
Picked this book up because it's a books-about-books kind of novel and I love book-themed novels!
Wonder by R.J. Palacio (A hyped book)
I was picking between Wonder and The Hunger Games and this one won because it has lesser pages. My re-read of The Hunger Games will come later this year then. I saw the movie of Wonder when it came out and I LOVED it. Really looking forward to read this!

HOW ABOUT YOU
Are you joining the #catreadathon? If so, what books are on your TBR? Do we have any similarities? Which of these should I read first?

let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge and I like that it takes place over a two week period. I always see those one of two day readathons and never join because I'm always afraid something will come up at completely derail my efforts. Hope you enjoy all the books you manage to pick up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! The two week period really attracted me to this one since the week-long read-a-thons don't really work for me. Overnight read-a-thons are really not an option for me but I always consider them. lol. Thanks, Alicia!

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I'm not a big challenge girl but the ones that are more flexible, like this one, work best for me.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I really like longer read-a-thons/reading challenges. Makes it more possible for me to get some reading done :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, It is such a long book D: I know you said you've read half of it already but that is still such a huge tome to tackle. I am impressed. And I LOVE Wonder so much <3 I hope you do as well x Happy reading and yay for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't if I can finish it to be honest but I'm hoping to get around it this read-a-thon :) I'll probably pick up Wonder after my current read since I really loved the movie. Thanks so much for hosting, Olivia :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...