October 5, 2019

[WEEKEND READS] where I'm slowly getting my reading mood back


Hi,

Apologies if I still haven't replied to comments or visited your blog. I plan to do that (hopefully tomorrow). As I'm writing this, it's already 10PM and I kind of need to sleep soon so I can wake up early to watch the Yankee's ALDS Game 2 tomorrow morning for me. Game 1 was suuuuuper good (and exciting!).

ANYWAY, I joined #burtontober hosted by @LostAndBoundBks over at Twitter. I did this because I want to pick myself out of this horrible slump I've been going on which I'm sure you're all tired of (lol). Out of the 9 challenges, I picked 6 books for them. I hope to have a wrap up about this at the end of the month (which is the end of this reading challenge/read-a-thon)

current reads


Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) | Suzanne Collins
I'm about halfway through so I've gotten through the Part 1 of the movie which I somehow still remembered. I'm diving into Part 2 of the book now and I know absolutely NOTHING about this. I'm really excited to see how this will go and I will definitely rewatch Mocking Jay Part 1 and continue to Part 2 once I'm done with this :)

Nine Perfect Strangers | Liane Moriarty
I've read around 3 or 4 chapters and it's still on that set-up thing. I LOVE Liane Moriarty though so even though I've read people not liking this, I still want to read it :) I mean it's a somewhat closed room mystery, I believe? Something like And Then There Were None, I believe? Correct me if I've wrong.



HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck climbing out of your slump. I feel like I'm falling into one now lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! Hope you don't fully go there. lol.

      Delete
  2. I also adore Moriarty. I think almost all of her books got 5-stars from me, but I struggled getting into Nine Perfect Strangers. I did set it aside, but I am going to try the book instead of the audiobook, because sometimes format doesn't work for me. I hope you are able to get out of your slump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read 2 from her and I love them both! Thanks, Samantha! :)

      Delete
  3. I was feeling a little slumpy last week but was able to shake it off. I ended up doing a couple of reread which I really enjoyed. I hope your slump ends soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you got out of it really quick, Alicia! I have a good feeling I'll get out of it soon. Thanks :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...