March 1, 2020

I did an impromptu 24hr #readathon

Hi,

Last Tuesday was a holiday in my country and because of how my Sunday reading went so well, I decided to make Tuesday an impromptu #readathon for me. I literally decided it minutes before 12MN, the time which I started. lol.


Here’s a breakdown of my reading day :)
At 12MN, I continued reading Divergent which is a reread for me and I finished it for about an hour and a half (I think). It was only 61 pages. I slept and woke up at 8:30-ish and I started the manga No Longer Human adapted by Junji Ito and finished it after 9hrs I think. Took me forever, I know. I can probably do it half that time because I also had breakfast and lunch during that period. And I also have an annoying impulse to just check twitter or facebook or instagram or goodreads. I finished this 600-page brick at around 3:30-ish and took a quick break. To decide my next read, I decided to go with my TBR jar and I got Dark Matter by Blake Crouch which was also a good pick (if I got a bigger book, I would have drawn another one. lol). I read Dark Matter throughout the evening while doing the same procrastination as before (aka the constant social media checking). I didn't finish it but I ended the evening being halfway through it :)

this is actually me doing my tbr jar

#readathon takeaways
I read at a 20-30 pages per hour pace.
I should turn off wifi/data connections/internet while reading. This is advice given to me by my best friend because I told him everything in the evening. He said he actually does this. I hope I can actually do this. Doing this should increase my page per hour reading pace.
I can read up to 3 books if I put my mind into it. Maybe even 4 books but that's really pushing it. I'll definitely target 3 books on the next chance I get to do this
Mind conditioning. For real though. Because I'm a person of schedule and lists, I think that I'll be able to do this better if I've actually set my mind to it.
Snacks! I didn't prepare this. I wish I had lots of coffee and finger snacks. It would have given me a more fun time reading. Definitely next time.

here are the books I read.

HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Have you done a 24hr #readathon? Are you participating in April's Dewey's 24hr #readathon? What tips can you give when doing this?

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha 🥰 3 books (or 2 books if we count pages 😅) in a day felt satisfying. I really want to read more next time 🙂

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...