June 21, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where things are somehow looking up


Hi,

Somehow things are okay. The COVID cases I mentioned before were positive and they were immediately brought to an isolated facility. They are running a couple more tests and still observing a family or two. But because of recent events, the town's captain is on high alert. 

My older sister went home for Father's Day. We missed her so much since we haven't seen her since March which was when the quarantine line started. We watched a couple of movies together last night and generally just caught up with each other. Video calls are nothing compare to actually seeing each other and talking.

current reads


I started this right after I finished He Will Be My Ruin and to be honest, I was kind of overwhelmed by this. It's somewhat referencing Shakespeare works and I actually barely know them (which I honestly want to change). And while they reference Shakespeare plays, I'm glad that they somewhat brief explanations or at least a gist of things. After a few chapters though, I finally got on board and really liking this. I'm curious of things!

The Beekeeper of Aleppo | Christy Lefteri
Somehow I'm getting bored? I don't know. Probably just me and how things are somewhat moving slowly for me. But I will try to just keep on reading and see how things will go.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?

let's connect!

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got to visit with your sister. What a fantastic gift for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really missed her. I'm planning to stay with her in the upcoming week. So there's that :)

      Delete
  2. Visits are such a rare and great thing these days.

    I've been bored with several of my last reads lol Hopefully we start finding better ones.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that! We were a bit unsure at first because borders between provinces have been strict in the last couple of months. But things have been lighter recently.
      Really hoping you find better reads, Karen!!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree; Video Calls are NOTHING like real life! I'm a teacher and had to homeschool the kids for 2 months. It was awful, I was so glad when the schools opened back up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope schools are safe in your place. We haven't opened back up here in my country. So it's gonna be homeschooling and online classes for students here.

      Delete
    2. Our death-number (what an awful word) has been 0 for a while now. I'm just hoping and praying that people stay sensible and don't go to places that are too crowded, so a 2nd wave will not hit us!

      I'll just go camping in nature this summer and stay home for the most part :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...