September 27, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where the internet is being weird


Hi,

It's been a wild month because after the first week of September, we kind of lost internet connection so I never used my laptop. I didn't have any blog posts scheduled after my last one which was my weekly wrap-up. So there's that! lol.
But yeah, we just had out internet fixed and I posted my review for Sorry I Missed You and my Books from the Backlog for the week 😊 I'll have a couple more reviews soon and I'll have my October tbr and September wrap-up this coming week. Hope things go well.

During my off time, I finished a few anime series. If you're into that, I finished: Chihayafuru S3 (sooooo good! loved it!! If you're into slice of life, romance, drama stuff, definitely watch this!), Tanaka-kun is Always Listless (LOVED THIS! fun and light! recommended!), Servant x Service (rewatched! loved it still!! just normal rom-com stuff), and Gleipnir (don't watch. ugly. not worth the time. NSFW). 

On other stuff, I drew my baby sister. She likes frogs. So I decided to draw her in a frog hoodie. She liked it :) Also, she has better art than me, see her work right here :)


I also saw this 3rd book announcement for You which I know it was coming and then I see that cover. and it finally sunk in on me. and I'm just like, I'm hyped for the Netflix series but not for the book but maybe I'll still read it? idk.

On baseball stuff, how can I even leave that out. I'm sure most don't really care but it's here anyway because this is my blog. lol. BUT MY Yankees have clinched a postseason spot in a not impressive way but we'll run with it. whatever. lol. It's expected that they'll make it, tbh. What I'm happy about the Cincinnati Reds making the postseason! Yay for my NL team!
 

current reads

Unwind (Unwind Dystology #1) | Neal Shusterman
I picked this up because of my slump and I'm not exactly speeding through it but I am enjoying it! This is my 4th or 5th reread? I don't know at this point but this is the book that I claim to be my fave. I'm already halfway through and I'm really, really engaged in this world all over again!! In case you didn't know, Unwind is set in a dystopian world where "abortion" happens between the age of 13 to 17 and being aborted/unwind means they take each of your body parts, keep them "alive" through some kind of science (it was explained and expounded throughout the series) so that other people may use them. They claim that you don't "die" and that your parts are better off individually than together. It's scifi, part horror, and generally one of those YA books/series where romance doesn't take 70% of the book.

Nine Elms (Kate Marshall #1) | Robert Bryndza
I read this because I enjoyed Bryndza's previous series although it has been a while since I read it. I picked this up randomly from my kindle app and went with it. I expected a police detective (that's what I get for not reading the synopsis. lol) but instead it's a retired police officer who not teaches in a university (?) and she's not chasing a cold case and possibly as copy cat of a major case she solved 15 years ago. 

ON THE BLOG
Review: Sorry I Missed You (LOVED THIS! Recommedned!)


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?

let's connect!
 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I could go that long without internet. I remember being excited when my ship reached port last year and I could go on my phone. At least you used the time well. I love your drawing! And, I hope the post season makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...