July 27, 2021

JUNE WRAP UP (aka the month of getting stuck)

new hair!! so here's my face again. lmao.
Hi,

It's almost the end of July and I have zero clue what went on in June. lmao. was going to have this up a couple of days ago but a massive storm happened, our house was flooded, wifi was down for a day, we had to clean the entire ground floor of the house. SO yeah, fun stuff. lmao.

But generally, in June I think I tried to bounce back but got stuck with writing reviews and focused on reading and work. Sometimes, I open blogger and think, (1) How do I do these reviews again?, (2) How do I write down my thoughts on this book?, and the worst one (3) What went on in this book again? (lmao). I struggle writing sometimes that I just let things fall down for a while and even thought about dropping this blog. But then, I also remembered that I like having this just for the sake of seeing my progress. So here we are 😅

On another note, this is not a June thing, it's an early July thing, but I finally got a hair cut after probably 2 years or 1 and a half years now (?) In some of my photos, you can probably see my hair poking around and without my ponytail, I'd say it's below my bust then and it was probably the longest it's been if I remember that correctly. But yeah. YAY to new hair!

will bloghop soooon-ish! definitely tomorrow! I just need to do some early work stuff this evening and, idk, some reading (I'm currently reading The Wedding Date!!! LOVING IT!!), and maybe watching a bit of Kingdom on Netflix. I'm finally on season 2!!

NOW ON TO THE BOOKS! 👇👇👇


books read


quick thoughts right here with their respective Popsugar prompts ðŸ‘‡
Mosquitoland - I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I liked Mim, her adventure, and her growth throughout the novel.
Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties - I generally enjoyed this. It was a quick read but at the end of the day, I didn't care about Maggie.
You Love Me (A book with something broken on the cover) - I was disappointed? I think it's still good and a really thrilling read. It somehow took me a while though and idk I wasn't enjoying Joe as much as in the first book. But it is better than the second book that's for sure. But I'm still definitely reading the next one though.
Ivory and Bone (A book with a gem, mineral, or rock in the title) - I have zero expectations for this one. I picked this up because I know that it'll be a quick read and it is although there were also a lot of frustrations from me because I didn't like the female lead. But I think it was generally good, I guess. I'm not interested in the second book. It ended okay for me.
Crown of Midnight (A book from your TBR list chosen at random) - It's better than the first book? I think.. I enjoyed reading this and I really breezed through this reread. I hope I can get through Heir of Fire soon!!

read 52 books: 28 of 52
popsugar reading challenge: 25 of 50
read big books (500+ pages): 2
read books I own in 2020/earlier: 23
reread books: 3
read more ebooks: 6

book haul


The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient #2) by Helen Hoang | The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas | The Taster by V.S. Alexander | Nice Girls by Catherine Dang | Darkness Falls (Kate Marshall #3) by Robert Bryndza | Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters #1) by Talia Hibbert

Mostly Kindle Deals because that's how I live my life now. lmao. Nice Girls and Darkness Falls are from NetGalley. Also, if you've read The Bride Test, is it okay to read it without having read the first book? THANKS!


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last month for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

12 comments:

  1. The first thing I noticed when I opened this post was your hair. It looks fantastic! Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Sorry you had to deal with flooding. That is no fun. I actually went to a book event for Ivory and Bone (it was with a SJM release). I have copy, though we have not read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam!! With typhoon season going in full swing, we're usually at the edge when it rains. So I'd say we're always ready for it. Thanks :) I hope you enjoy Ivory and Bone more than I did if you do get to it :)

      Delete
  2. House flooding? Yikes!

    Sorry to hear Ivory and Bone didn't quite work for you. I liked it a little more but I had some issues with it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it but I guess not as much as you did. I'm glad you enjoyed it despite the issues you encountered tho :)

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks amazing!! I'm not sure I could ever pull off really short hair, but sometimes I wish I could!!!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short hair does feel like quite hard to pull off for some. Thank you, Lauren!! :)

      Delete
  4. Love that picture!

    Sounds like you had a lot going on. I hope the flooding didn't cause too much damage.

    I loved the last book in the Brown sisters series

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Since it's rainy season here in my place, we're quite prepared for any possible flooding so most of our things are safe.
      Been hearing great things about the Brown Sisters series that's why I was so excited when I saw it on Kindle Deals :D

      Delete
  5. Your haircut is so cute and it looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...