July 28, 2022

2022 Midyear Book Haul

old photo
Hi,

I just wanted to make a separate post for all the books I purchased/received so far. Just sharing and briefly talking about them. Had to have them on a separate post from my midyear update since this haul has gotten out of hand since it's been six months but I've also done a little self restraint from time to time. lol. I didnt get a book the entire April which really surprised me.

As always, I like the contrasts of my books. It's always a mixed bag for me. I got the usual fiction and I'm also starting to get more non-fiction. Reading The Bronx Zoom a couple of weeks back, tells me that I actually enjoy reading nonfiction. There aren't much dialogue and mostly a narration of events I already know with a few insider interviews. The mixture of true crimes and thriller and crime fiction to all those light/fun and sometimes partly serious chicklit romcom to break the seriousness of my reads to the somewhat hard reads like You'd Be Home by Now and Heroine. Looking at these also kind of reminded me that I don't read much SFF. I'm into scifi but surprisingly, I haven't bought any recently because whenever I'm in the bookstore, I'd gravitate towards the chicklit romance section (altho I am reading a scifi book right now).

NOW on to the books!

2022 book haul so far

American Kingpin by Nick Bilton // Roxy by Neal Shusterman & Jarrod Shusterman // Forensics: What Bugs, Burns, Prints, DNA and More Tell Us About Crime by Val McDermid

January was my month of getting my finances back after the Christmas season. So I avoided buying books all together. But really, I still ended up getting Roxy because it's a Neal Shusterman book and I was excited for it. The other two are Kindle Deals/Kindle Sale books.

Nine Lives by Peter Swanson // Last Chance Books by Kelsey Rodkey // The Grand Tour: Around the World with the Queen of Mystery by Agatha Christie // Insomnia by Sarah Pinborough  // There's No Such Thing as an Easy Job by Kikuko Tsumura // Talk Bookish to Me by Kate Bromley  // In My Dreams I Hold a Knife by Ashley Winstead // Beach Read by Emily Henry  // You'd Be Home Now by Catherine Glasgow // The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams

February. The first time I went out to the bookstore after an entire year so I got three books. Three books I absolutely would love to read soon!! The rest are ebooks I got from Kindle Deals/Sales or Scene of the Crime Group. I read Beach Read a month or so after buying it and it was generally an okay read for me. Quick thoughts are on my last post.

Penance by Kanae Minato // The Nakano Thrift Shop by  Hiromi Kawakami // Tsarina by Ellen Alpsten // Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter #1) by Jeff Lindsay // People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry // My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh // The Wild Girls by Phoebe Morgan // Saint Young Men Omnibus, Vol. 4 by Hikaru Nakamura // He Started It by Samantha Downing // Isn't It Bromantic? (The Bromance Book Club #4) by Lyssa Kay Adams // The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian

March. Most I've gotten books so far. Since March, I started going out more regularly and on the latter part of the month, I went back to the office. SO yeah, more trips to the bookstore while also buying books from Kindle. Sometimes I hate my spendy ways since I'm also not reading a lot lately. lol. Tsarina was clearly a title buy because Tsarina = Czarina and that's me. lol. I still don't have plans on reading Saint Young Men since I kind of want to complete all of the volumes and my hyped self really bought vol 4 without owning vols 1-3. lol. Also, I enjoyed Isn't It Bromantic but not as much as I hoped. But all is good :)

The Bronx Zoom: Inside the New York Yankees' Most Bizarre Season by Bryan Hoch // A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James // Heroine by Mindy McGinnis // How to Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie

May books. I didn't get anything in April which is also kind of surprising. At this point tho, I don't remember how I managed that. When I saw The Bronx Zoom on sale on Kindle, I just had to get it. I got A Brief History of Seven Killings and How to Kill You Family on my trip to the bookstore. Every time I go out, I just had to buy a book! lol. Heroine was also on Kindle Sale. Also, it still haven't arrived (altho it's probably due for a follow up), I special ordered Tender is the Flesh from my local bookstore. I've read it in 2021 and I'm getting it for my best friend because I know he'll like it

The Violence by Delilah Dawson // Book Lovers by Emily Henry // Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden

June haul. All I'm gonna say is I'm excited to read Book Lovers!!


HOW ABOUT YOU
What do you think of these books? Which of these should I read next?

let's connect!
 

3 comments:

  1. I see some great ones (two Henry books!), but seeing The Reading List made my heart jump. It's such a wonderful book, and I really didn't see it around much. I hope you adored/adore all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun. I loved Beach Read; I have Henry's other two books to read. I need to read In My Dreams I Hold a Knife still too. I LOVED Heroine by Mindy McGinnis.

    And Happy Birthday!!!!

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read and reviewed Roxy, People We Meet on Vacation and Book Lovers from your list. I really liked Book Lovers too!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...