December 9, 2018

NOVEMBER WRAP UP (aka the month of book slump all over again)

Hi,

Unfortunately, blogging has dropped to the bottom of my to-do list as I'm doing a personal art project for practice. Thus, the lack of time for blogging and actually the scheduling posts I drafted in the past month.

Below are some of the letterings I made for practice, please tell me what you guys think about them. I've been thinking of setting up a paypal account and accepting commissions at some point. I want to do something I like outside of my work thus this came to mind.

  

I've also had a pretty dead-ish month in reading. I only realized it right now as I'm drafting this post. I was only able to read two books this November! TWO BOOKS! What is wrong with me? And here I thought I'm in a roll right after that fab read-a-thon month in October. I hope to pick up my pace soon. I've been picking up and not enjoying books.

In my attempt to read as much books as before, I'm joining Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews's Bookish Bingo Winter 2018-2019 which runs from December 2018 to February 2019. I like that the prompts are petty vague so I can pick from a good list of books. This will also be my first Bookish Bingo ever :)

As for my work update, everything is good. Nothing special happening aside from getting some actual work and getting that feeling of importance after all these months.


books read


The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) by Agatha Christie | Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter #1) by Thomas Harris

I finally read The Mysterious Affair at Styles and it was okay (?). I haven't read any Agatha Christie's in awhile so it felt a bit off to read a whodunit novel. I liked it but my mind was generally not on the guessing part of the game. Red Dragon, on the other hand, partly disappointed me. There was NOT ENOUGH Hannibal Lecter!! *review to come for these two

books hauled


The Body on the DoorstepThe Body in the IceThe Body in the Boat (Hardcastle & Chaytor Mysteries #1-3) by A.J. MacKenzie

So many thanks to Bonnier Zaffre for sending all these three books my way. I already started The Body on the Doorstep and the first chapter readily sets the entire mystery and feel of the novel. I'm also glad that I didn't buy any books for myself this month and so far this month, none as well. so far...

December to-be-read

I don't know, tbh. I feel that I'm on a reading slump thus I have NO IDEA which books I feel like reading. Nothing for this month.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, 
How was your November? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books, school life?
How was your month in reading? Anything you added to your faves? Anything you can recommend to me?

let's connect!

12 comments:

  1. Joining a challenge is always a really good way to try get back into the reading spirit. I feel like I read the least throughout the year in November/December. It's something about the end of the year that makes me feel slumpy. I hope this month you have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! That's what I did the last time I got into a slump. Thanks, Alicia!

      Delete
  2. Your lettering is incredible! I am so jealous of your talent. I am glad I have never slumped, though I am always sad to see people fall into one. At least you are using your time to nurture your creativity, and I agree with Alicia, a reading challenge can help you out. I am super competitive, so I like the push they give me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sam! I'm barely confident in what I do so I'm extremely grateful to people who appreciate them. I do the same although a lot of times I fail reading challenges but they still encourage me to read though :)

      Delete
  3. I have been in a reading slump too, such an annoying feeling!

    Lotte | www.lottelauv.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I've been picking up and putting down books. I'm glad I'm sticking to one right now. I hope we both get out of it soon, Lotte :)

      Delete
  4. This has been my December. I think I've read one book so far. I managed to draft and schedule a few posts ahead of time but I'm barely hanging in there with responding to comments and visiting other blogs.

    But I think we're all in the same boat this time of year so I'm rolling with it lol

    Your lettering is beautiful!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. December is such a busy time of the year. I actually just finished my first book this month but it kind of took me out of my slump :)
      Thank you, Karen!

      Delete
  5. I hope you get over your reading slump soon. Those are never fun. I love your lettering. You have an amazing talent, Czai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished The Long Walk by Stephen King yesterday and I think that brought me out of my slump. Thank you, Carole! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...