December 31, 2018

[READING CHALLENGE] Beat the Backlist 2019


Hi,

I've been seeing this challenge around and I thought that it really won't hurt to join in the fun. I've been hoping to get through books that have been sitting on my shelf for YEARS now and this is, obviously, the perfect challenge for me.

For my tentative to-read-list, I decided to go with 10 physical books and 10 eARCs I have. The physical books are divided by adult and YA fiction. And the eARCs are divided by those I received in 2018 and those I received 2017 and earlier.

Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge is hosted by NovelKnight. I will try and participate on other challenges such as the weekly photo challenge. However, I will surly join the Hogwarts Mini Challenge under team Hufflepuff :)


Night Film by Marisha Pessl | The Passage (The Passage, #1) by Justin Cronin | Dark Matter by Blake Crouch | Waking Gods (Themis Files, #2) by Sylvain Neuvel | Death Note: Another Note - The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases by NisiOisiN

Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow | A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis | Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy | The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe | The Weight of Zero by Karen Fortunati

The Body on the Doorstep (Hardcastle & Chaytor Mysteries, #1) by AJ MacKenzie | The Body Counter (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries, #2) by Anne Frasier | Charlotte Walsh Likes To Win by Jo Piazza | Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris | Girls on the Line by Aimie K. Runyan

The Clouded Sky (Earth & Sky, #2) by Megan Crewe | A Sky Unbroken (Earth & Sky, #3) by Megan Crewe | The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1) by Joe Hart | The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2) by Joe Hart | The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, 
Are you joining Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge? What are your reading goals for 2019? How many backlist books do you have?

let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. I did this challenge last year. I have a hard time keeping track, but I love the idea. I feel like I did a lot of reading last year of books that weren't new releases, but not necessarily a ton that I already owned (I used the library a lot). In 2019, I really want to read more of the books on my shelves! I really liked Night Film though, so hopefully you will too.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keeping track will partly be my issue as well but I'd like to see how I'll go about it. I really want to get through books my shelves! Thanks for reassuring Night Film. I know it's good but I'm also partly scared to start it. Thanks, Lauren :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining Beat the Backlist! I haven't read any of the books on your TBR but I do hope you enjoy them all!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for hosting the challenge, Austine! :D

      Delete
  3. I did this last year (not as a challenge because I suck at challenges lol) and made major headway. I started at 140-ish and got below 40 books. Of course, I added new books throughout the year so I'm not down to 40 books total but I really made a dent in books that had been on my shelf for YEARS.

    good luck!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh, I hope I can do the same with the books I already own. I really want to read more than what I buy.
      Thanks, Karen!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...