July 2, 2020

JUNE WRAPUP (aka the month of eventful things)


Hi,

Feels like it's been forever since I last posted a wrapup. June felt long for me. I'm not sure if it's because of the things that went on around us or if it's because I tried being extra productive. But either way, I'm glad that's done. But while some countries are somewhat recovering, mine isn't. We've been doing this thing badly.

The past month, I tried reading books I borrowed from my best friend. I really stuck up to that tbr and it really worked so well for me. For the month of June I read 3 of them and as of today (July 2), I finished another one which makes it 4 out of the 9 books I have from him. I have 5 left from his books. I'll probably get to that another time :)

I've set up another themed TBR which is scheduled to go up tomorrow :)


books read


Bookishly Ever After (Ever After #1) by Isabel Bandeira | The Radium Girls by Kate Moore | He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker | If We Were Vilains by M.L. Rio | This Love Story Will Self-Destruct by Leslie Cohen

quick thoughts right here with their respective Popsugar prompts👇
Bookishly Ever After (book on the cover) - this turned out a bit cringe-y for me but still quite an adorable romance. See my review here!
The Radium Girls (subject you know nothing about) - this is one of those books that I think is an important read. I've written a few thoughts about this here.
He Will Be My Ruin (main character in their 20s) - this actually turned out as I expected it to be (although I got one surprised twist). I liked the thriller aspect and I got fully engaged with this thriller.
If We Were Villains - I still have no idea which prompt this can fit but I'm leaving this empty for now. But I liked this book. I like how it presented its characters in relation to Shakespeare's works and how acting as a whole kind of made an impact in their life. I also like the psychological aspect of the death of one of their classmates to each of them.
This Love Story Will Self-Destruct (past Popsugar Reading Challenge - Debut Novel) - I really liked this one more than I expected. I like how it explored the growth of the characters individually and together as a couple.

*   *   *

books hauled


Sorry I Missed You by Suzy Krause | You Again by Debra Jo Immergut

Both books I got from Netgalley and both are out this month. Gonna get to these soon!!!


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a decent reading month, and you made progress on your reading challenges. A win-win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been doing really well recently. Happy about how my reading is going :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...