June 7, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I reorganized my room and got too tired for everything else


Hi,

It was a busy weekend for me. I had a massive list house chores (aka mostly laundry) and doing a general cleaning and rearrangement of my room. I moved my bed, shelf, and table which took a massive work on moving books from and back to the shelf and where ever they came from. I am in desperate need of another shelf but I don't really have space so every other books I have (aka the books I've read) stays stacked on my floor and on the side of my shelf and on parts of my table. So there's that. lol.

I was exhausted so I ended up not opening my laptop for the weekend. Aside from chores, I did read Mosquitoland finally finishing it!! Love the wrap up chapters and I'll definitely read David Arnold's other books.

current reads

You Love Me (You #3) | Caroline Kepnes
I just started this last night because why not. Tired day end it with an exciting book, I guess? It's been years since I read You and Hidden Bodies and the only thing that's keeping my memories in tacked is the Netflix series which I did like especially season 2 (as compared to book 2 which if my memory serves me right, I didn't like at all). I still love the fact that it's told in second person but I'm not sure if the first two books had Joe being this assuming creepy guy or if he's more assuming and more of a creep this time around. Either way, I'm just curious and excited how this one will go!

Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties | Camille Pagán
I haven't read this these last couple of days since I finished Mosquitoland but I did read it earlier this week and somehow, I don't know what this book is trying to do. Like, what's the end point? I want it to be closure and bye ex-husband but it's giving hints that it could be like they're going back together (?) or not since there's another guy? Either way, I'm not really getting into this as much as I expected. As of right now, it's a 3-star at most.

reading plans

I'm removing day specifics because wow they're not even happening. lol.

FINISH: Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties
FINISH: You Love Me
START: Crown of Midnight

last time on the blog

JUNE TBR!! - they're mostly YA so I'm hoping to get through a lot of books this month!
REVIEW: The Little Bookshop on the Seine - bookshop, romance, and Paris.
BOOKS FROM THE BACKLOG - I'm really getting more chicklit romance-y stuff. haha
APRIL + MAY WRAP UP - the months of calm and chaos. lol.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see you enjoyed Mosquitoland. I liked that one a lot too, as a matter of fact, I really loved the other two David Arnold books I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lord. This weekend, I read so much, my thumbs and forefingers hurt. LOL. I've yet to update my blog, so might just do a bit of that after I do my run this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...