March 17, 2018

[WEEKEND READS] where I start the month right with the right books

OMG, I'M FINALLY READING HARRY POTTER!!
Hello,

SO this month, I'm participating in Kimberly @ the Caffeinated Book Reviewer's #TakeControlTBR. And so far it's been good for me. I posted my TBR which I started dealing with right when the month started. I already finished one book from it and I'm currently reading another one. I also finished two more books that are not included in my TBR list but I'm counting for the challenge. So I'd say that I'm actually winning this challenge 😊

recent reads

Iron Gold
 (Red Rising #4) | Pierce Brown
To be COMPLETELY honest, I liked it but did not loved it. I wanted to love it but it feels like it wasn't as absorbing as the previous ones. It was soooo intense that's for sure. However, I feel that it didn't blew me away as much as I expected it to. Too much expectations maybe? I mean, I honestly didn't even feel much while reading this. Should I do a rereading instead? I don't know! Maybe? I finally have my own copy now so maybe.. we'll see. But for now, I'm not in love with this installment.

Manuscript Found in Accra | Paulo Coelho
Paulo Coelho is my go-to author. His novels are short but always full of lovely words, encouraging and reflective alike. Manuscript Found in Accra is one of those books that tell you how to live your life. Not exactly forcing you to do one thing but it feels like one of those preachy, self-help books I try to avoid.

current reads

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) | J.K. Rowling
I've always been scared to read Harry Potter because: (1) it's popularity is off the roof, and (2) I'm no middle grade reader. BUT this edition I find so pretty landed on my local bookstore and I'm like: why not give it a try? I bought the first book last month and decided to read it this month. SO FAR... I'm liking it. I was easily absorbed into this world and I'm not saying this to please everyone... I'm really enjoying this πŸ˜ƒ

P.S. from Paris | Marc Levy
I just got back to reading this. It started quite rough for me. I don't know. I wasn't exactly getting into it when I started it but now I read this non-stop. Okay, that's being over the top. I mean, I'm really enjoying it. It was a bit weird at first with both of the leads' mumbling being too awkward and loud but this is funny and cute. I definitely started getting into this when the romance started -- when Mia and Paul finally met and are doing this cute way of trying not to commit to each other πŸ˜†πŸ˜†


next reads

The Vegetarian | Han Kang
This is one of those WTH is with this book kind of novel. It won the Man Booker Prize in 2016. It's got a gorgeous cover and a dark story (which I have to admit by now, I only read once and have now forgotten. lol). This is one of my #TakeControlTBR books and I'm really excited to dive into this one!

The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) | Agatha Christie
Agatha Christie is one of my go-to authors. Her mysterious are always so exciting and I never really got one of her mysteries. There were a couple of times when I ALMOST got them but changed my mind or doubted right at the last minute. HAHAHAHAha. This is also part of my #TakeControlTBR books 😊


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, glad you're enjoying HP! I'm not a big middle grade reader either, but HP is my exception. As the series goes on I feel like the books become more YA than MG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying Harry Potter so far! The first few books will feel more light and middle grade, but the books mature with the characters I feel and become more standard YA. I can totally relate on being hesitant to start a series that is THAT popular. I feel that way with any famous or hyped book.

    As for what I've been reading, mostly a ton of poetry and graphic novels. I haven't had the attention span for longer stories I feel like, though I've read a few decent novels. I bought The Vegetarian a few months ago and need to get around to reading it! It sounds like something I'd love and the cover is to die for, I can't wait to hear your opinions on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you are winning the challenge!! I read the first HP book 4 years ago now. I liked it, but I think I watched the movies so much that I wasn't really entranced by the world, because I felt like I already knew it. I have heard that the books become a lot more complex than the films though, so I might give the series another go and continue with the second book one day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...