May 30, 2018

MAY WRAPUP (aka the month of being a jobless booknerd)

May Reads!
Hi,

May has finally come to an end and I feel a bit panic-y because it also means it's been a month since I resigned from my work. It scares me that I might not be able to find a job any time soon 😱😱 Here's hoping I'll get something soon!!

I don't want this wrap-up to be a depressing one. oh wait, I feel that this is a really depressing wrap up because aside from not having a job at all, I only bought one book. ohmygosh. But I guess that means I'm being successful on my book buying ban. Yup, looking at it positively now.

books read

Dumplin' was a really great way to start my month. I grabbed it because I was getting into a slump. It brought me back up. I followed my YA contemporary kick with Words in Deep Blue because I was still not feeling Authority (when will I be able to continue this one though?). I LOVED Words in Deep Blue especially the romance side of it! The Sea of Tranquility kind of took me forever to finish it but I'm so glad I finally continued it. It had a slow start for me but I cried ugly tears in the end. The Last Star ended with a great big sigh from me and being glad for finally being done with this series. Lost in the Beehive was a really nice start for #ebookathon for me (this also means I changed my tbr for the read-a-thon. my choice anyway. lol). 

books hauled

Platinum End, vol5 by Tsugumi Ohba (story) & Takeshi Obata (illustration) | Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter #1) by Thomas Harris | The Queen of the Tearling (the Queen of the Tearling #1) by Erika Johansen | Our Homesick Songs by Emma Hooper | Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris | The Body Counter (Detective Jude Fontaine #2) by Anne Frasier

The only book I bought this month is Platinum End, vol5 which I pre-ordered a few months back and it arrived quite late. Which is also fine. I promised myself that I'll only buy books I pre-ordered until August which is my birthday 😊 until then, I'll stick to reading books I have and borrowing books from my friend. Red Dragon and The Queen of the Tearling are books I borrowed. I'm reading The Queen of the Tearling right now but it's not really working out for me. But I'll still try to finish it. The last three books are eGalleys I got from NetGalley..

June to-be-read

I decided to still have The Vegetarian and Ramona Blue on this TBR because I failed to read them this May. I hope I can get around them this coming month. The Missing Ones is one of those eGalleys that's been sitting on my Kindle App for so long. Time to grab it, I think! Gone Girl is a random pick, to be honest. I want to put a book on my tbr that's in massmarket format so I can literally bring it anywhere 😀 And I think it's time to finally pick up Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I have no idea when I'll be getting book 3 though. Probably in August 😅


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, 
How was your May? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books, school life?
How was your month in reading? Anything you added to your faves? Anything you can recommend to me?

let's connect!

12 comments:

  1. Hope your job search comes to fruition very soon, and you find the perfect job for you!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness sorry for the stress, hopefully you will find a job soon <3
    Your reading month in general seems to have been a really good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! I'm quite scared I might not get one any time soon :( Really thankful that I'm always in the mood to read though :)

      Delete
  3. I really hope you find something for work soon! I'm in the same position (well, just the job-less part) and it can be insanely stressful. Sending you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your job search. It's the worst, but something tells me you're a responsible person (unlike me) who won't be still for long. I loved The Queen of the Tearling, but I've seen such a range of reactions to the book. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking I'm responsible.. I generally am, I guess, although I do procrastinate at times. Ah, at this point I don't really know when I'll finish The Queen of the Tearling because I got stuck. Fantasy isn't my strongest genre. But I'll definitely write about it :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you find a job soon! And buying just one book is definitely a good thing :) first of all, you're saving money, and secondly - isn't our TBR always threatening us with its numbers? I only hauled 4 books this month and I'm super proud of myself (for not hauling 10, 8 of them being review copies or something... lol)

    Good luck in June :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you'll find something soon. Things will work out. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping the best for your job search! Looks like a great month of reading for you though! Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too hope your job search is going well! Dumplin' is on my TBR and has been for too long.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...