June 3, 2018

[WEEKEND READS] where I stopped an oncoming slump

sucks that this series didn't work for me
Hello,

I haven't finished a book recently because I decided to continue reading IT by Stephen King. This big book is kind of taking me forever. Aside from that, I was reading The Queen of the Tearling which wasn't working very well for me so I decided to hold it off for now and pick up a different book - The Dirty Book Club by Lisi Harrison 😊

So yeah, I'm happy that I was able to stop an oncoming reading slump. Light reads always save the day, I guess?

recent reads

The Last Star
 (the 5th Wave #3) | Rick Yancey
FINALLY! Yup, that's the first thing that came to me. I'm finally done with this series! First series I finished this year, ohmy. This series as a whole could have been interesting to be honest. I mean the whole concept was really amazing but the execution especially in this final book was just 'meh'. Also, Cassie gets a bit annoying every single moment in the book. orrr I just care less about her or something.. but yeah, I'm glad that I'm done with this!

Lost in the Beehive | Michele Young-Stone
This was a wonderful book. I loved this! I loved the main character! She's totally worth rooting for! This book basically dealt with the experience of Gloria Ricci, a lesbian in the utterly judgmental period of 1960s. Review to come!


current reads

The Dirty Book Club | Lisi Harrison
I was super scared to read this book generally because it's Lisi Harrison. And she's like my childhood fave author. I read all her books! (okay, maybe I'm still not done with the spin-off of The Clique series but we're getting there). BUT I started this yesterday and I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS! She still has that part-funny and part-'awww' type of writing. I'll definitely finish this soon and I'm writing a review for this! 😊

IT | Stephen King
I started this last October or November... Then I got stuck because ohmygosh this book is HUGE! It's 1,150+ pages and just thinking about it scares me. BUT I got back to reading this because The Queen of the Tearling is putting me in a slump and I am NOT going to let that happen! I picked this book up, read it every night, and I just can't believe how far I've gone with this book. And I must say that I am ALWAYS excited to get to this thrilling read! It's definitely not a book for everyone though because it's got A LOT of descriptions. Maybe boring for others but also exciting for some.

I Found You | Lisi Jewell
I started this for #ebookathon (a read-a-thon which I miserably failed because my physical books are always calling me). It has a very intriguing story line -- a man who got amnesia or what they call as fugue state. It's very interesting especially after the recent revelation! And I'm only around 10% on the book!!


next reads

Ramona Blue | Julie Murphy
I want a light read. And from my June TBR, this one along with Harry Potter are my light reads for this month (and I'll probably pick up another one at some point until I finish IT, I guess). Dumplin' was a very quick and light read for me. Also, I enjoyed it so I expect Ramona Blue to give me the same feels. Also, I'm just being excited for Puddin' which I won't be getting any time soon because of my book buying ban.

The Boat People | Sharon Bala
This is one of the books on my failed #ebookathon TBR. So even though #ebookathon is done, I'll still read everything on my TBR so I can really clean my kindle app from unread ebooks. Let's just hope I don't add more than I read.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. Big books like IT can be both intimidating and satisfying. I'm sad that The Last Star wasn't very good. I still haven't gotten around to reading that one.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really just didn't work out for me. I hope you enjoy it more than I did though :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear /The Queen of the Tearling/ was lulling you into a slump. I loved it, but I know it's really wordy. I too tried to start It (2017) last fall after watching the new movie and failed! In hindsight, I think I was already in a reading slump, so I think I only read the first chapter. I'd like to finish it this year as I think it'd be great to read it before It: Chapter Two comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up different books to get through but I'm getting back to The Queen of the Tearling at some point. I hope we both finish it before It: Chapter Two comes out! :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on averting an impending slump! I had trouble getting through The Queen of the Tearling as well. The Dirty Book Club looks so fun! Hope you enjoy all of what you are reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jordan! :D I hope you read The Dirty Book Club! It's a chill chick-lit. Really enjoyable!

      Delete
  4. I recently read The Hate U Give and omg everyone needs to read that book! I also read Illuminae and Gemina and they were BLOODY BRILLIANT AND AWESOME! currently reading Children of Blood and Bone :)

    Uma@Books.Bags.Burgers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will read The Hate U Give soon!! OMG! After seeing a sneak peek of the trailer of the movie I got super excited! I've read nothing but great things about Children of Blood and Bone! Happy reading, Uma! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...