February 2, 2019

January Wrap Up (aka the month of YA)

Harry Potter is not in photo. It's with my little cousin :) Also I read Bad Girls with Perfect Faces in Riveted
Hi,

I thought January will be my back-to-blogging month. I was so sure that everything will go smoothly since I got a few post ideas, I drafted posts, bookish-lists, and reviews. But then again, I was never in the mood for it. I was barely in the mood to open my laptop and schedule away posts. But it doesn't mean that I don't want to do this anymore. I really do. I just  don't understand why I'm not in the mood for anything.

Last week was pretty tiring but also very good for me. My best friend and I watched Glass and it was 'meh'. I enjoyed Unbreakable and Split but this one just felt forced. They shouldn't have done this. ohwell. After watching, we had lunch at Little Flour Café which was okay. It's like an all day breakfast café and it was weirdly not our fave type of food (unless of course they have pancakes or waffles for me, but nah!). After that, we dropped by the bookstore I used to work at. I said 'Hi' to all my ex-co-workers; we checked out books; and I bought my ordered copy of Dry by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman 💖

We talked about buddy reading Dry but he ended up devouring the book in 2 DAYS! Hate that he left me because of my slow pace. But also super happy because it means he's enjoying my fave author 😊

Anyway, this month was a good reading month. I read 4 books. Also, I unexpectedly bought 3 books which is so wrong for me. And also, this also meant I just broke my challenge. But I'll go save my self and read 8 more books before buying a new one to be successful in my challenge of read 3 books = buy 1 book.


books read

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling | Everlost (the Skinjacker trilogy #1) by Neal Shusterman | What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum | Bad Girls with Perfect Faces by Lynn Weingarten

I finally, finally read The Prisoner of Azkaban and I LOVE it. It wasn't as exciting as the previous books but still equally great. I'll probably get to book 4 some time this month. I've been putting off Everlost just because, once again, I was scared that I might not like it. But of course, I ended up loving it. What to Say Next was an 'okay' read for me. I like David's perspective and how his relationship with Kit developed. Bad Girls with Perfect Faces was an amazingly written thriller about manipulation, friendship, and just all about the crazy things people will do. I liked it!

reading book challenge update
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Pop Sugar Reading Challenge (A book with at least one million ratings on Goodreads); Winter Bookish Bingo (Fantasy); My 2019 Reading Goals (Read YA, Read SFF); Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge 

Everlost - Winter Bookish Bingo (Author of Color); My 2019 Reading Goals (Read YA); Beat the Backlist

What to Say Next - Winter Bookish Bingo (Disabled MC - autism is counted here, right?); My 2019 Reading Goals (Read YA); Beat the Backlist

Bad Girls with Perfect Faces - My 2019 Reading Goals (Read YA); Beat the Backlist

*   *   *

I probably won't be joining the next Bookish Bingo for Spring. It just isn't working for me? I don't know. But I'm not feeling it. I'll be sticking to the Pop Sugar Challenge even though it's super difficult. lol. I'm doing extra well with Beat the Backlist but also I haven't logged my reads.

books hauled

Dry by Neal Shusterman & Jarrod Shusterman | Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy #2) by Rae Carson | The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton

I'm already reading Dry and I'm liking it although still not as much as Unwind. Like A River Glorious is a  book I grabbed because it's 50% off and I loved the first book. I FINALLY got The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle and I'll most likely read this as soon as I finish Dry.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, 
How was your January? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books, school life?
How was your month in reading? Anything you added to your faves? Anything you can recommend to me?

let's connect!

10 comments:

  1. Are you re-reading the HP series? I wasn't that enthusiastic about The Seven Deaths Of... but I'm curious what you'll think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the first time I'm reading Harry Potter and so far so good :) I'll try to have my thoughts on when I read it. I'll definitely get to it soon!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we all go through periods where we just don't feel as motivated to blog. Hope you get over your slump soon!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I'm so excited to see what you think of every HP book and aww I'm so glad you have your best friend <3 and yay you went on a date and it sounds lovely despite the book not being that great! And I've been in a blogging slump more than one! Take your time lovely <3 We'll always be here!

    Uma@Books.Bags.Burgers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of doing a post after reading the entire series. Hopefully before the year ends :) I ended up finishing the book last night and I enjoyed it. Hate that he went ahead and finished it first though. lol. But it just shows that he likes it so much. Thank you so much, Uma :) I'm generally just posting whenever I feel like doing so lately.

      Delete
  4. I've had Dry for ages and just haven't found the time to read it yet. But I want to! lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Dry last week and loved it! Hope you get to pick it up soon :)

      Delete
  5. sorry you aren't feeling the blogging. I have been there and it comes and goes with me so I hope it comes back for you. I also loved bag girls with pretty faces and the gold seer series is one of my all time faves. This is the first time I am doing any kind of challenges through the blogoshpere. I am excited for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pushing myself to do some blogging done especially since new ideas come up (including Booktube maybe? i'm not sure if it'll happen). I actually got excited when I saw Like a River Glorious on 50% off. Grabbed it immediately since I loved the first book :)
      Good luck with the challenge you're participating in, Jenn! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...