February 10, 2019

[WEEKEND READS] where I prepare for 2019 #catreadathon

you guys have been seeing too much of my shelf clutter lately. lol.

Hi,

I've been busy with work lately. which is a good thing and is something I like if you've read my 3 Things from 2018 post ðŸ˜‰ This is also the reason why I haven't been bloghopping much because I usually do that during my free times at work 😅

I haven't read much though which is something I'm hoping to change this coming week since I'm joining Olivia @ Olivia's Catastrophe's read-a-thon, Catastrophe Read-A-Thon, which is a two-week long read-a-thon. Yes for 2 weeks! hahaha.

recent reads


Dry | Neal Shusterman & Jarrod Shusterman
This was a really good read although it still can't top Unwind which is still my fave Neal Shusterman novel (and also my fave book of all time). It does incorporate the usual Neal Shusterman characters, well-written plot, and engaging survival adventure. It's a recommended read especially if you haven't read any of his novels :)

current reads


You (You #1) | Caroline Kepnes
I've been hoping to read this even before the adaption came out. But now I feel that I'm just joining the bandwagon especially since I bought the tie-in edition (because I'm a cheap ass lately especially. lol). But anyway, I'm really getting so much into this although I feel uncomfortable while reading some of Joe's narrations.

next reads


Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan | Blood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion #1) by Rosalyn Eves 

HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

12 comments:

  1. I really loved Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore, so I hope you do too. I still need to read You, but hopefully soon, as I want to keep watching the show. I saw the first episode and it was really good!!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished You and it's now my fave thriller! I'll watch the series soon :D
      So glad to know you loved Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore. I generally picked it up because it's a book-themed novel :)

      Delete
  2. Unwind was so twisty. It's definitely on of those books that made a lasting impression. Dry sound like a really interesting novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! It ended up being my all time fave book :) The concept of Dry is feels timely and it greatly incorporates my fave aspects of Neal Shusterman's writing.

      Delete
  3. blood rose rebellion is a series I still need to read. I love the show you, but i am not sure if I will will like the books. I might try them one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might actually watch You soon. The book is really thrilling. It ended up being one of my fave thrillers :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read either of those but they do look good. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, and here I thought I'd somehow found a readathon about cats, haha. But Olivia is great at readathons! We're currently planning one together. ^_^ I'm really looking forward to watching You since I loved the book! And I'm excited about reading Dry as well. It sounds super good and tense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. read-a-thon about cats sounds interesting. hahaha. Will definitely look out for what you guys come up with :) I heard the series was pretty good. I'm thinking of watching it as well at some point. Dry definitely did not disappoint.

      Delete
  6. I've been attempting to read Dry since last summer! Things always happen that make me put it off but soon my precious...soon. I hear it's very good.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good as all Neal Shusterman books are. I hope you get to it soon, Karen :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...