January 19, 2020

2020 Reading Goals


Hi,

As expected, I miserably failed my 2019 goals. 2019 was a wild year-long reading and blogging slump in general for me. I ended my decade fairly disappointing. I have no idea how to change my outlook or motivation for 2020 but let's still try.

Also, making lists is just so much fun so let's do this again. While I'm at it, I'm also taking this time to look back at my 2019 goals.

2019

Read 52 Books. for real though, I miserably failed this one because as I said, I was in a weird year-long reading slump. gonna fully fixed that this year.

Read 20 Books Own in 2017 or Earlier. Upon checking the really few books I've read, I mostly read books I bought in 2019 and 2018 or books I borrowed. So failed that one as well.

Read 20 YA. Not really 20 but half of the books I read were generally YA. So I'm good. I still haven't fully moved to adult books, I see.

Read 10 SFF Books. I've read 11 for this. So we're good.

Read 5 'Big Books' (500+ Pages Books). I've read 2: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (700+) and The Toll (600+). Both are YA books and are from book series I'm dedicated to.

Read 5 Classics. The closest to classics I read this year are: The Little Prince, the 2 Harry Potter books, and the Hunger Games Trilogy. But I'll call all these as modern classics (yes, even The Little Prince). I want classics that were published over 100 years ago.

Read 5 Stephen King Books. lol. I started Gerald's Game and continued It but never finished both.

2 / 7
Miserable. lol.

Given how bad I did in 2019, I'm still here doing this glorious list but I'm making further revisions (aka not putting numbers except for the goodreads goal).


2020

Read 51 Books. Goodreads obligatory challenge. lol.

Finish the 2020 PopSugar Reading Challenge. I've prepared and joined the group. I'm mentally ready and a support group is there to keep me focus! I'm serious about this!! lol.

Reread books. I'm thinking of rereading the Shatter Me series as well as the Divergent series. Old popular series. I'm gonna pick standalones as well. And a Red Rising and Unwind Dystology reread is also in the works.

Read books I own in 2018 or earlier. I mean the stack is just huge. HUGE!

Buy trade paperbacks over hardcovers & international paperbacks. I'm lessening my expenses. that's it.

Stop getting multiple editions of Wuthering Heights. I love you but I have to stop the madness. see above reason.

Go to secondhand bookstore when stress buying. Really now.

Review more books. Give me all the motivation please!

Get back to bookstagram. for the entire year! If I don't get through this until the end of 2020. It's a fail. A month or 2 of posting is not the come back I want.

Get back to my art (aka lettering and watercolor stuff). like my bookstagram goal, this needs to be an entire year thing.

w h o a that's ten.
crossing my fingers.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How did you do in your 2019 reading goals? What goals do you have for 2020? How many books do you plan to read this year?

let's connect!

7 comments:

  1. These are great goals, Czai! I really need to read what I have had sitting on my shelves for years. Good luck with your plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably what we all need to be doing right now. There are books that are probably 7 to 8 years sitting there unread. lol.
      Thanks, Carole!

      Delete
  2. You sound like me - it's been hard staying motivated and keep myself in a positive mindset. I'm sort of subscribing to the fake it till I make it model right now lol

    I don't really do challenges other than the Goodreads & I set it lower and work my way up.

    I did do a count of my physical TBR pile and I'm working my way through that.

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same, I've been trying out several books and see which one works for my mood. It's tough but somehow it's working. lol.

      I got a shelf dedicated to my physical TBR pile so I can easily see them. a constant reminder of which books I still need to read. lol

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the Pop Sugar challenge. It was one of the first I ever did, but over the years, I have found the prompts too difficult. I want my challenges to be a bit of a push, but doable and enjoyable for me. I am always promising to read my own books, so I support you 1000% in this pursuit. Let's read our own books!!! I hope you get a renewed passion for your art. I am so jealous of people with such talent, and am cheering for you to get out there and create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried doing it a couple of times as well but failed after the first month generally because I forget it. lol. I kind of just want to go out of my comfort zone and also maybe pick up books on my shelf I've been neglecting. Thank you so much, Samantha! :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the Pop Sugar challenge. It was one of the first I ever did, but over the years, I have found the prompts too difficult. I want my challenges to be a bit of a push, but doable and enjoyable for me. I am always promising to read my own books, so I support you 1000% in this pursuit. Let's read our own books!!! I hope you get a renewed passion for your art. I am so jealous of people with such talent, and am cheering for you to get out there and create.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...