January 5, 2020

My Year in Books in 2019

face reveal but not really. lol. there goes me weird happy bookish face. hahaha.
Hi,

I did this post for my 2018 reads, so I decided to have it again this year!

I LOVE the Goodreads numbers! Nothing much going on here since I read really few books this year and wasn't even able to finish my Goodreads Reading Challenge which kind of disappointed me. BUT I don't really dwell on that much. I had a terrible year (which I will talk about in another post) and I want to put all of that behind.

Reading challenges and personal stuff aside, which will both be on different posts, here's my Year in Books in 2019!

I read 10,908 pages across 32 books
AVERAGE LENGTH: 340 pages


SHORTEST BOOK (112 pages)
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
LONGEST BOOK (734 pages)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling


              

MOST POPULAR READ - 5,978,760 people also read ---
The Hunger Games (the Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins
LEAST POPULAR READ - 228 people also read ---
Nichijou, Vol. 5 by Keiichi Arawi


MY AVERAGE RATING FOR 2019: 4.0

     

HIGHEST RATED ON GOODREADS
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) by J.K. Rowling
4.81 average


December bookhaul

Books Acquired
Bought - 49
Gifted/Given - 1
eARC - 1
TOTAL - 51

I bought a lot more than I read which is totally off my plan when 2019 started. 2020 will be different hopefully? In my defense though, many of the books I bought are from secondhand bookstores and book sales (the NBS warehouse sale and the MIBF and Fully Booked Birthday sale and various mall sales). So I guess expenses-wise, I'm good.

In 2020, I plan to log everything I read and buy and see how I do. *plans a wild books-bought spreadsheet*

Also, here's my December book haul because I won't be posting a December Wrap Up anymore. This is me gifting myself and stress buying.


The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club #1) by Lyssa Kay Adams | Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris | A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) by V.E. Schwab | Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling | Map of Salt and Stars by Jennifer Zeyn Joukhadar | After Dark by Haruki Murakami | The Mist by Stephen King | Strange Weather in Tokyo by Hiromi Kawakami | The Hunger by Alma Katsu

Books Read
Bought in 2019 - 11
Bought in 2018 or earlier - 20
Borrowed - 1
Riveted Lit Free Reads - 1
eARC - 0
TOTAL - 33

2019 was a wild reading slump year in general and 33 books may or may not really be me. There's a month where I read nothing and 2 months where I read up to 5 books (which is what I want to consistently achieve this year). I tried to do the PopSugar Reading Challenge but that was quickly forgotten when my slump came in full effect.

So overall, it was a miserable reading year for me. Or disappointing year in general (not just reading).

My 2020 reading goals will be up in a few. Hopefully I'll have a better reading year ahead.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was your reading year in 2019? What are your fave reads? Did you read more than you bought/received books?

let's connect!

10 comments:

  1. 32 books is still pretty good. Love seeing all that Harry Potter in your post.
    I hope 2020 brings you nothing but good, since 2019 wasn't your year, as you write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 3 books away from finishing the series and all of those first 4 books are on my faves 💖💖

      2019 was difficult for me emotionally and I'm still processing some of those things right now but I do feel better. Thanks so much Esther 🥰

      Delete
  2. That is awesome. I love the Goodreads challenge as it allows me to keep track, but since I also listen to audiobooks my numbers at the end of the year look wack..for instance they had my shortest book at 8 pages.. which was really a 15 hour audio..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a weird way to log the pages of audiobooks. lol. Sounds like goodreads need some updating on that department.

      Delete
  3. 32 books is great achievement. I read 35 out of which 3 were re-reads. All the best in 2020 and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at the state of my reading, I guess it is. I was just not used to it. Thanks, Lucia!

      Delete
  4. Sorry 2019 wasn't a great year for you. I hope 2020 makes it up to you! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole!! Really trying to find a way to get back to reading as much books as before :)

      Delete
  5. I am sorry to hear that you had a rough year. You may not have read as much as you wanted but you still did really good. I hope you have a great 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole. Trying to keep myself motivated for 2020 :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...