August 26, 2020

9 Unread Books from my 2018 & 2019 MIBF Book Haul


Hi,

This is my September TBR!! This month's TBR theme, in honor of the postponed MIBF, is reading my MIBF hauls in the last two years!! 

MIBF is that time of the year where I buy a good amount of books because everything is at 20% off and I LOVE SALES!!! lol. Each year, I buy like 10 to 15 books during this 5-day long event. This year though because of the pandemic, they're moving it to November and making it an online sale which feels entirely different so I'm not getting anything.

Speaking of not getting anything, because of this pandemic I haven't actually bought any book since the end of March. I've been eading books from my TBR shelf and w h o a it feels endless but also I'm happy to finally be getting through these books.


Truly Madly Guilty | Liane Moriarty
After reading Big Little Lies and The Husband's Secret, I knew Lianne Moriarty is an author I'll love through and through. So I tried picking up all her books. So far, including this, I have 4 of her books in my TBR.
Lord of the Flies | William Golding
This is one of those (modern?) classics  that I really, really want to get into. It's dystopian and I love dystopian novels. I started this a year back but got bored in like 80 or so pages. I want to get back to it and really see it to the end this time around.
I posted about this on my Books from the Backlog post. This is a thriller set in my country, the Philippines, and I believe it involves the Catholic Church? I'm not completely positive about that but we'll see when I get to it.
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde | Robert Louie Stevenson
Classic. I'm always scared of classics. This one is VERY short though. Not even 200 pages, I believe. So I hope I can get to this!
The Quiet Ones | Glenn Diaz
Another mystery thriller set in the Philippines (also published locally). I don't know much about this. lol.


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) | J.K. Rowling
This was one my August TBR because it is HUGE! I plan to read it before the month ends though then finish it by the first week of September. Crossing my fingers for this happen.
Death in the Air | Kate Winkler Dawson
This is one of those books I just saw randomly and actually ended up getting. I read that it's about the biggest air pollution crisis ever and that it also involves a serial killer taking advantage of the event. w i l d. and I've excited for this. Also, I know it's going to be a tough read. So we'll see.
Brave New World  | Aldous Huxley
Another dystopian novel. Although compared to Lord of the Flies, I am actually more excited to read this one. I also don't know what this is about and I'm totally fine with that. lol.
The Flatshare | Beth O'Leary
I've been seeing this a lot last year and I thought that the premise is quite weird and cute. I tried it a few months back but my copy is huge that I cant bring it when I was commuting to and from the office. Now that I'm hope, there's a better chance I can actually get to it.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Do you ever revisit your book hauls and check out which ones you've read? and which ones are still waiting to be read? Which one of these should I get to first?

let's connect!

3 comments:

  1. I love Moriarty, but I have yet to read her latest. I started it on audio, but there were too many characters. I need to read it. I read Lord of the Flies twice in school (and my daughter was a designer on a production I saw). I'm a fan. I really liked The Flatshare. They fell in love via post it notes. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that Nine Perfect Strangers? I've read somewhat disappointed reviews on that one (and yet, I still bought a copy. hahaha). I really want to like Lord of the Flies. I hope it works out for me this 2nd time around. Now that you mentioned the Post It notes, I'm now even more excited to read Flatshare! Thanks Sam!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I hope you enjoy The Flatshare! I need to get around to reading it. I really want to get The Switch too! That also sounds super adorable. I hope you enjoy all of your copies! I hope you enjoy all of these books when you get around to reading them!

    Amber @ Escape Life in the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...