November 17, 2020

On destressing during these difficult times

me not knowing what to do with my life right now. lmao.

Hello,

Just a little update.

I've been feeling quite burnt out lately. The general state of the world finally caught up on me. The recent typhoon in my country, the Philippines, really breaks my heart. The aftermath is terrifying and what's even more worrying is the fact that COVID is still around the corner. Please see tweet below if you're interested to help 👇👇👇


With that aside, well not really, I've been mentally stressed out with seeing this and all other unfortunate things that's been going on. Work has not been fun for me (although it did start fun, have to admit that) and I'm stressing out on doing things that would once again require me to uncomfortably talk to other people (aside from my co-workers). There's also been going on with home and that sucks.

I've been off blogging generally because I haven't been feeling like doing it lately.

With all these sad things going on, I usually try to read to relax. and somehow that helps. I've been reading The Woman in the Window and while I'm not really enjoying it, the short chapters keep me going. Aside from that, I keep on going back to planning my reading/tbr books before the year ends. I also know that I won't get to all of them but you know, thinking about books keeps me at ease even though I know that I should also be doing my work or my art. 

I've been reading multiple books though, 2 physical books (although clearly I've been going through The Woman in the Window more. and yes, I've seen the issue regarding the author thus I've said on my goodreads that I won't be doing anything to promote it in any other way. I read it because I already have it. I borrowed it from my best friend in 2018) and 1 ebook. And I'm reading them in such a slow pace recently. And somehow, I think that's okay. I know that when I pick them up again, I'll just speed through reading them.

Aside from reading, I also got back to playing the Sims 4. I showed some screenshots of my game a couple of months back and now I'm into playing it again on a daily basis. I play it whenever I'm between work. I play it before sleeping (?). I just want that fulfilling fictional life that I can't have right now. 

my Sims drinking while reading. lol

I've also been doing art, as I mentioned although I've put that aside for now because of Sims. I posted on my personal account that I'm doing the #sixfanarts thing and a few of my friends replied (even though we don't even talk recently or we don't even talk at all. hecc even my best friend's brother replied to me and I don't think he ever met me. lmao. ah yes, the power of free art). I still have that thing on my backlog and would resume when I feel like it. It will probably take me longer than I expected but then it's not like I'm getting paid to do it.

I'm sorry for the rambling though. It's just been even more devastating that before. I've been reading but I haven't been up to writing reviews (although admittedly I was in the mood for it prior to the massive typhoon that hit the country). And remember when I said I wanted to post a booktube video? I pushed that aside and now I don't know if I'll ever post the reading vlog I took during the #readathon 😅😅😅 but that booktube plan is still up there on my things to actually do.

But anyway, happy reading to you all!

let's connect!

12 comments:

  1. ((HUGS)) Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, but glad you are doing some things to de-stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in my thoughts. Sending hugs (if you want them). I hope you feel less stressed soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lydia! Definitely feeling better recently.

      Delete
  3. Just do what you need to do right now. The world is crazy and it would even be worse with a natural disaster on top of the virus. I hope things look up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole! That's what I did this past week. It made me feel better.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the stress, the world is so crazy right now. And the typhoon aftermath sounds awful. All my best wishes for everybody there suffering through that.

    I think that fictional lives in games can be comforting and a great source of escapism. There are times when I'm ready to just go live in a game world lol.

    I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greg! Really agree about fictional lives being a good source of escapism! Really helped me through.

      Delete
  5. I feel this. The past year has been hard for me to focus on anything, including reading and blogging.

    I'm sorry you also have the typhoon and other things added on.

    I thought I would feel relief after our elections (US) and I did for the one day but now that's dragging out and...ugh

    Do whatever gives you joy or at least relieves some stress.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the election really did dragged on. Although we all probably saw that coming. I'm sorry about that.
      Thank you, Karen! I'm laying low and I'm feeling better now. I want to say that I hope this year ends but then who knows if these horrible things get carried over to 2021.

      Delete
  6. I've been feeling burnt out, tired and sick as well. I had to call in sick 3 days this week, because of a bad stomach ace. I feel a bit better now. I also read to relax and play some games, watch some movies/series :)
    3 more weeks and then I'll have a Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you're feeling better now, Esther! We all deserve a good break from all these horrifying things going on. Now I'm also just really excited for Christmas Break!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...