November 3, 2020

9 Unread Readathon Books


Hi,

I've been bad at following my TBR recently. Not surprising but I'm still reading a good amount, at least after my reading slump a month back. From last month's TBR though, I probably only got through one of them. I tried reading a couple more from that list, The Mapmaker's Daughter and The Madwoman Upstairs but I wasn't in the mood for them. I got through probably 5 pages or so and I wasn't feeling it so I dropped them for now.

This time around, I looked through some of the earliest reading challenges I joined and picked out the books on those TBR list that I never got around to reading. Time to clean old TBR lists!! All of these came from the following reading challenges: Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge 2017#breakyourTBRapart Round 2 2018, and 2019 Catastrophe Read-A-Thon TBR.

The Diary of a Young Girl | Anne Frank
I started this early this year but probably got a bit busy and then I didn't feel like reading it anymore. or something like that. idk. I do like this but not as much as I expected, I guess. But I'm sure that when I get back to it, I'll easily go through it.

Mary Barton | Elizabeth Gaskell
I checked the prompt why I have this for a readathon because it's quite thicc and it's a classic (why would I ever do that. lmao) and the prompt is: last book purchase. So I guess in the end that makes sense. I don't know if I'll ever get to this soon because classics feel lie it need me to be an actual specific mood to for me to pick them up.

Cruel Beauty | Rosamund Hodge
2nd or 3rd time for this to be on my tbr now. I still haven't got the mood to get to it. I just jumped into the retelling hyped a few years back and now here I am with YA retelling novels after I realized that retellings aren't really my thing (especially fantasy ones which most of them actually are). 

Cooking for Picasso | Camille Aubray
I don't know anything about this tbh. Did you said, cooking? and Picasso? Both not my strongest suit but sounds like an interesting combination to me. lmao. I picked this for the prompt: something to do with summer apparently. I guess that cover does it. 

Holding Up the Universe | Jennifer Niven
I got this when I was into those YA novels. And I liked All the Bright Places back then (I don't know how I feel about it right now though). I've been holding off reading this probably because I liked her first novel then that I was too scared to pick this up.

Blood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion #1) | Rosalyn Eves
For the prompt: cover buy. and I cannot disagree to that. Although I did not technically buy this. I definitely picked this up because of that cover. I think I also have the 2nd book which I got for like 50% at a warehouse sale. 

The Woman in the Window | AJ Finn
Also a book that's on my tbr for like the 3rd time now. I considered picking this up and doing a reading vlog but idk it came to my attention that there was something up with the author? I didn't look it up as I didn't care much but now I'm just putting that idea off the table now. Will still read this though since I already have it. I have this for the: recently published prompt.

The Great Alone | Kristin Hannah
This is for the an author you know and love just because I read and loved The Nightingale. I pre-ordered this book, got it when it arrived at the bookshop but also got so scared to read it just because I absolutely LOVE The Nightingale

Heartless | Marissa Meyer
I'm off the Marissa Meyer hype tbh. I know I won't be into her books anymore. But I got this when this was published so here we are.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Do you ever revisit your book hauls and check out which ones you've read? and which ones are still waiting to be read? Which one of these should I get to first?

let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. The Diary of Anne Frank is a worthy read. I enjoyed Heartless but no what you mean, I am off many authors I previously read. Moods change, genres change. I have the Great Alone and want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get back to reading Anne Frank for sure. Some YA books really got stuck in my tbr shelf just because my genre kind of changed. Hope you enjoy The Great Alone when you get to it :)

      Delete
  2. Holding Up the Universe sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does! I hope it's as good as it sounds :)

      Delete
  3. I liked Holding Up the Universe. The face blindness thing was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I started reading it a few days back, that aspect really intrigued me.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these yet. I recently added a copy of Holding Up the Universe to my shelves and I do hope to read The Great Alone as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy them when you get to read them, Carole :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...