September 8, 2021

10 MIBF Hauls I Kept on my TBR Shelf the Longest


Hi,

This is the second year that the Manila International Book Fair isn't happening becaue of COVID-19! hecc you, covid!!!

I just miss the good old times (aka 2019-ish times) where I get to go to the book fair and buy all the books I want for 20% less. The fun of seeing a lot of books in a single place is so fun and going there with friends makes it even better. I usually go two times a year, a day for myself and a day with a friend. In 2018, I went with my best friend and we just went out check out each other's stacks. In all the other years, I went with my college friend and it was like our hang out day away from out busy work schedule.

But yeah, it's that couple of days of the year where I buys lots of books which I don't normally do. lmao. And yeah, I don't even buy physical books right now. If this COVID stays for another 2yrs, I'll probably clear out my TBR shelf. lmao. 

NOW ON TO THE BOOKS!!! 👇👇👇


I don't know anything about this and I'm just all about reading popular books when I got this. Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me when I bought this. But now, I'm finding out that it has ZOMBIES (?). Will really try to get into this book this month then!
Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges #1) by Stephen King
Second time on my TBR this year? I still don't know if I'll be picking this up. Maybe not. But we'll see.
The Shining (the Shining #1) by Stephen King
I bought this after I watched the movie because I have questions (which I cannot remember anymore since it's been YEARS but it's my curiosity to know more about things that really prompt me to get this book). This is quite thick though so we'll see.
1984 by George Orwell
Is this the third time I put this on this year's TBRs? lmao. I started this last July but it put me on a HORRIBLE slump. So I dropped it and picked up others books which worked out well for me. Now I'm back to reading it. Hope I finish it for real now.
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
Another book I'm really hoping to get into this month. I didn't reread the first two books to suddenly stop reading this series again. This is definitely thicker than the first two but I really want to get through this series!! That's basically my motivation, finishing the series.


Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas
Same thoughts on Heir of Fire.
Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
Thick book!!! I bought it because of a booktuber recommendation. I absolutely like the first line of this book. I don't think I can get to this this month but hopefully this year (?)
The Invisible Library (the Invisible Library #1) by Genevieve Cogman
I bought this YEARS ago because it says library and I'm just all for books with library on the title. lmao. I read probably 100 pages of this but got bored. Haven't picked it up since then.
Bought this because I absolutely LOVED A Man Called Ove and I thought, guess I should read every Backman book now. lmao. I did start this as well. Read probably 20ish pages, it was amusing. Wasn't in the mood for it then though.
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
I got this after reading and enjoying Dumplin. I don't know anything about this other than having something to do with Hurricane Katrina (?). 


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Do you read books immediately after buying them? What are the books that you've left unread for so long? Have you read any of these? Which ones should I read first?

let's connect!

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Mercedes was fun! I liked the first book in the trilogy the best.
    And those two TOG books; AMAZEBALLZZZ. I'm hopefully reading book 5 this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...