September 5, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I try to get things back on track here


Hi,

I'm still trying to get the hang of things again. Will do my best to blog hop tonight or tomorrow 😅😅😅

Work has been pretty good for me this past week. Guess I'm just enjoying the things I'm doing recently and I'm just glad to be part of the new project the company is trying to do. I'm also trying to get back to blogging again which I think I mentioned on my wrap up post (?). 

On other things, I started watching Narcos and I'm liking it (my head is still probably riding the Breaking Bad x Better Call Saul interest). Sometimes I wish I can speed through it but I also can't because half of the show is probably in Spanish and I had to read so much subtitles that I can't even watch it on the sides while I work. lmao. 

current reads

1984 | George Orwell
I'm still struggling with this book. I really do think that classics don't work for me. I'm still hoping to finish this though. I'm not even halfway through but we'll see I guess. I hope this doesn't send me into another slump because it did last time.

Nice Girls | Catherine Dang
Started this probably a few weeks ago (?). It took me a while to finally get into the story generally because I started it alongside Girl in Pieces and there's a couple of aspects that felt similar to me (aka moving to a town after a massive incident, getting a job, and living life again) so I held this off. Got back to it a few days back and I'm finally into some interesting parts.

reading plans

I'll probably get into a slump because of 1984 but crossing my fingers I don't. lmao.

FINISH: 1984 + Nice Girls
START: Heir of Fire

last time on the blog

JULY - AUGUST WRAP UP - the months of downtime from bloggng
REVIEW: The Kind Worth Killing - absolutely UNPUTDOWNABLE!


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...