September 12, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I try to stop an on coming slump


Hi,

I'm sorry that I've still been away. There's work and there's my mood and there's a ugly weather that worries me all the time.

I decided not to get 1984 get into me so much so I picked up Ramona Blue. I don't need another slump at this time of the year especially since the last one got my head start on my goal all wiped out. lmao. I'm trying to make up for readings lost by reading YAs and short books that I have quite high hopes aka Severance.

On other things, I've been watching The I.T. Crowd on Netflix. I know it's trash but I just want something quick and something I don't need to care about. My head is not ready for heavy shows right now I guess. I've also been spending so much time (probably in the last month or so already) watching Sims Let's Play videos on Youtube. Just fun chill stuff. Lastly, I'm so glad that the Yankees finally won a game. At this point, I doubt they'll make the playoffs but I'm still hoping, as a fan.

current reads

Ramona Blue | Julie Murphy
I started this yesterday. I'm just three chapters in and so far I'm okay with it. I totally forgot the plot of this one and reading through these first chapters refreshed my head about the plot. I hope I can get through this quick :)

Severance | Ling Ma
I've been hyped on this one!! It's post apocalyptic and I believe people were wiped out because of some flu (?). sounds timely tbh. lmao. I got through the prologue and a couple of pages of chapter one. This is fairly short so I'm hoping that I can get through this quick as well since I really do want to get ahead my goodreads reading challenge.

reading plans

I said Heir of Fire last time but I absolutely didn't do that because I needed my reading notebook for that which I'm still using for 1984. I finished Nice Girls and I'll have the review up tomorrow :)

FINISH: Ramona Blue + Severance
START: The Girl with All the Gifts

last time on the blog

SEPTEMBER TBR - this is just me missing MIBF because of COVID
REVIEW: The Haunting of Sunshine Girl - not exactly worth it. just an okay book. just not for me.
REVIEW: Everything You Want Me to Be - wrote this review a couple of years ago. I don't remember much about this book anymore.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

4 comments:

  1. Ooo Severance sounds good! I put a hold on it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with The I.T. Crowd. I've seen a variety of episodes and there's some really funny bits. Sometimes that's all you need!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Severance sounds interesting.

    I'm reading at a pretty slow pace but enjoying most of what I read so yay! I take what I can these days lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you read Severance yet? My hold at the library finally came in so I read it yesterday. Unfortunately, it was only 2 or 3 stars for me. I liked the exciting present-day, post-apocalypse chapters, but her life before was pretty boring for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...