September 9, 2018

[WEEKEND READS] Hyped for #MIBF2018

currently reading
Hello,

It's September. Christmas season officially starts here in my place 🎄🎅

But what's really exciting this month is the Manila International Book Fair (#MIBF2018) which is the annual Book Fair held here in the Philippines. A fab event where book sellers, book publishers, and book readers come together to celebrate books and just grab all the books we've all been holding off. Also, some publishers and bookstores have 20% off!!!

#MIBF2018 is a 5-day event and I'll be attending on 2 of those days. I'm going on Friday with my book bestfriend because buying all the books on a weekday is the best choice for #MIBF because less people. lol. Also, we need reasons to hang out, okay? I'm also going on Saturday with my college friend just so we can hang because we need to catch up. I don't know about photos but I'll try to have them. Especially for Friday 💖

recent reads

Platinum End, vol 6
 | Tsugumi Ohba (author); Takeshi Obata (illustrator)
This series is basically going downhill for me. I LOVE this duo but what the heck is happening to this story even. I honestly thought that it's going to be a psychological read like Death Note which is their first work together but then it started featuring more battles lately. And with all these heroes and villains look is not working out for me 😔


current reads

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium #1) | Stieg Larsson
This book is super popular I was avoiding it like it's a plague. I'm scared of overly popular books, okay? Because what if I didn't enjoy them? Yes, I know everyone will be like: you're entitled to have your own opinion. But still, expectations sucks, okay? BUT ANYWAY, I am reading this right now and so far, I'm hooked in the mystery and Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist. I'm only around 200 pages in though but it's good. Really good.

The Road Beyond Ruin | Gemma Liviero
This one started slow for me. The first couple of chapters I was still trying to grasp what's happening and I was also a bit startled with the flashbacks. But after a couple more, I'm already set in the writing and what's happening and I'm just plainly intrigued at what Stefano will do next and how the story will generally flow. It's a post-WWII novel so I'm super invested on this one!


next reads

as I mentioned on my August WrapUp, I'm not setting up TBRs at the moment. I'm generally trying out something new 😁

HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?

If you've read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, please do tell me what you think. No spoilers, of course 😉


let's connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...