January 20, 2019

[WEEKEND READS] where my reading year started with great reads


Hello,

My 2019 started okay. Nothing special going on with me to be honest. It's been three weeks and nothing notable happened. That's sad. hahaha. Anyway, I am extremely happy that you guys actually read my 2018 non-bookish post and some of you even liking my story with my book best friend 💖 We'll be going out next weekend and watch Glass. He's been insisting on it. So that will happen. And I'll be picking up my copy of Dry by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman on the same day as well. Super excited for that!

Gotta survive this coming work week!

recent reads

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) | J.K. Rowling
I finally finished this!! It started okay with me. I enjoyed it. It was light and fun to read. It's intriguing and I got invested real quick. The climax wasn't as exciting as the previous books though but still such a good read. But it was the final chapter that really pushed me to give it 5-stars. It's always that final chapter for me. Always that time when Harry talks to Dumbledore.

Everlost (Skinjacker #1) | Neal Shusterman
At the end of the day, I always end up loving Neal Shusterman's novel. Everlost had a bit of Unwind feels to it in terms of characters. The way they handle things, how they were written, how they ended up in the end (?). idk. It's not a very direct comparison but I just had that feeling to it. And it's all in a good way. The world is highly immersive and I was instantly so into it :)



current reads

What to Say Next | Julie Buxbaum
I picked this up because I want to read a light YA contemporary. I want something quick this time around because The Passage by Justin Cronin is kind of exhausting me. What to Say Next started quite 'meh' for me. But I'm guessing this is because I haven't read any first personal novel lately? But also, the narration kind of felt like some generic shoujo manga/anime (?). idk. It felt a bit cringe-y but I'm also still reading.


next reads

none right now. I want to let my mood decide what's next.
you can refer to this post if you want to recommend me what to read next :)

HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

12 comments:

  1. So far I'm I think 7 books into 2019. My goal was to read 15 this month, so I might not make it. But that's okay.

    I hope you'll learn to love The Passage. That's a beast of a series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to have you reading pace because you read so quick. I don't think I've read 15 books in a single month. I read maybe 6 or 7 at most.
      It's a huge book which I'm not used to but I still read bits of it every time I'd get the energy in the evening :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you ended up liking Prisoner of Azkaban. I think it's my favorite in the series. Hope you enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a lot of people like Prisoner of Azkaban. Despite how it felt a bit anticlimactic for me in the end, I still love it :)

      Delete
  3. Hurray for Harry Potter! Is this your first time reading the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's my first time reading the series! :D

      Delete
  4. I've had Dry on my shelf for a long time. I really need to read it. All of my friends loved it.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to have mine soon! I plan to read it as soon as get it! I've read nothing but great things about it! :D

      Delete
  5. My reading month has been crazy to be honest! I've read 17 books so far (some are small novellas though but still!) and I'm enjoying most of my reads :) I'm so excited for you to read the rest of the Harry Potter books <3 And yaaas I'm so glad you guys are going out next weekend!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU AHHHH

    Uma@Books.Bags.Burgers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 17 books is amazing!! :D I'm generally telling myself why didn't I read these books before? hahaha. Thank you!! I'm so happy that you share my excitement! and OMG! We just went out last weekend and it was a great day! I was going to write about it but ended up being too tired for anything blogging related. But soon since I already drafted my feels.

      Delete
  6. I read Dry a couple weeks ago, and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently started it and liking it so far! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...