January 11, 2019

Winter 2019 TBR


Hi,

This year, instead of doing a monthly TBR included in my monthly wrap up, I decided to make a seasonal TBR instead. So this is my TBR for January to March. This is kind of a way of talking about books I want to read for specific challenges I am doing as well as my personal reading challenge.

I'll also take one TBR book from last year's TBR or book haul just for the fun of it :)

Before my TBR, here's my Winter Bookish Bingo card so far. I hope to get through more of this this January. Aside from the five books listed below, I will still be picking out other books to complete this bingo card :)


Winter Bookish Bingo TBR
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (friend's fave) | Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes & Jo Piazza (co-authored) | What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum (romance) | The Winter Sister by Megan Collins (2019 debut) | The Road Beyond Ruin by Gemma Liviero (Dec, Jan, Feb Release)

2019 Pop Sugar Reading Challenge
The Rose Society (the Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu (book told from multiple character POVs) | The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah (book you meant to read in 2018) | Smaller and Smaller Circles by F.H. Batacan (book written by an author from Asia, Africa, or South America) | Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple (book with a question in the title) | Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart (book with a two-word title)

the Blacksheep Reader Reading Challenge
just my personal reading challenge
The Passage (the Passage #1) by Justin Cronin (read 'big books' & Fox Book Club! big book of the month) | Everlost (Skinjacker #1) by Neal Shusterman (book bought in 2017 or earlier) | Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke (January 2018 book haul) | Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan (February 2018 book haul) | The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown (March 2018 book haul)


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
What are the books on your tbr this month? Are you participating in these challenges? Have you read any of these? Which of these should I prioritize?

let's connect!

14 comments:

  1. You've reminded me that I haven't continued The Young Elites books yet! I enjoyed book 1, but I'm a bit scared to read book 2. I tried to read Wink Poppy Midnight and ended up putting it aside--the writing style was too tough for me to get into. :(

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I actually started book 2 last year, I think? But ended up holding it off. I'll try to get through it this January or February :) I've read mixed things about Wink Poppy Midnight which is why it got stuck on my shelf for a year, I think. Here's hoping the writing style will work out for me.

      Delete
  2. I only do the Goodreads challenge or else I feel pressured and freak out lol

    The popsugar one is great because it covers so much ground.

    Good luck with your winter reading - that's a good looking TBR pile!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually only do Gooreads Challenge as well. But I wanted to do something new this year :) I picked up the Pop Sugar Challenge just so I can widen my horizon on book selections.
      Thanks, Karen!

      Delete
  3. The Rose Society was my favorite novel in that series. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good to know. Thanks, Alicia!

      Delete
  4. Hmm, I don't think I can complete a line on that Bingo card. Aside from books for review, I will read Tash Hearts Tolstoy for my Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge.

    I'd suggest bumping up "What to Say Next" and "Smaller and Smaller Circles" on your list. I've read and enjoyed both. Happy reading and best of luck with the challenge! :)

    Jennilyn @ Rurouni Jenni Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I repeatedly saw Tash Hearts Tolstoy in booktube last year and barely on book blogging. Good luck to both of us for Beat the Backlist!
      I'm reading What to Say Next right now. And I like David's POV :D I'll bump Smaller rand Smaller Circles as per your recommendation.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great list! Can you stick to seasonal TBRs? I'd probably forget I ever made the list and go back to mood reading haha. The Popsugar challenge sounds like so much fun, I might have to have a go at it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna try and see how this works for me. Because the monthly TBR was completely useless for me. lol.

      Delete
  6. Great list of books! Fitness Junkie is on my TBR, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! Fitness Junkie really sounds fun. I might get to it on February :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...