April 18, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where my slump came back after that amazing 12 books streak


Hi,

It's been a month since this Corona Virus took over normal life and it makes me sad. I miss fun trips to the grocery. I miss looking around the bookstore. I miss walking outside with no crazy social distancing restrictions. But yeah, this sucks.

I recently finished listening to the audiobook of Love & Luck and I LOVED IT! Review to come for sure. And while we're at it, have you checked out my review of the first book Love & Gelato? It's such a cute romance! I'll be getting the 3rd book for sure!

I've been watching so much recently. Well not as much as most people but quite a lot for me since I don't sit down and watch a lot. I'm watching Ace of Diamond: Act II and it's somehow filling up my baseball hunger. I'm also slowly going through The Haunting of Hillhouse in Netflix. I'll probably finish it over the weekend. I don't ever watch it in the evening because that atmosphere is just scary af. SO GOOD!
current reads


Illuminae (the Illuminae Files #1) | Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
This is probably the only book I'm really, really trying to get through right now. I tried a few books and none of them worked for me. I got stuck in a slump but I kind of have a good feeling for this one? We'll see.

The Silver Linings Playbook | Matthew Quick
Just one of those books I randomly tried at Scribd and somehow it's working for me. I probably stayed away from this book thinking that it's an 'okay' read but turns out it's actually good. I'll probably try the movie after reading this 😊


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am such a fan of the Love& books. I keep hoping Rowan will get a book, maybe show up at Addie's home in the US. Illuminae was a bit outside my norm, and I ended up loving it!!! It was such a visual feast, and mixed format books tend to work for me. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can only hope to read more of Rowan and Addie. I'm trying to get through Illuminae and while I'm enjoying it despite my slump, the inclusion of the romance puts me off a bit. But maybe I'll see further how it goes for me :)

      Delete
  2. Life is weird right now. I'm pretty much an introvert but I miss just going out and browsing for things. Especially in the spring when everything is coming to life.

    I didn't realize we were up to book 3 in that series. I had only read the first.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm such an introvert but I just miss life outside.
      You mean the Love & Gelato series? I was quite surprise as well that it was actually a series. But I like it. I think it's a good series so far :)

      Delete
  3. I like staying home but these are really strange times. It is so weird to have all of your routines changed. I have had a copy of The Silver Linings Playbook for a while and need to start reading it. I also need to re-read Illuminae. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I really like staying at home but there's just something different with the idea how strictly staying home vs staying home because you wanted to. I'm really enjoying Silver Linings Playbook :) Illuminae doesn't seem like a book for me but I'm still willing to see it through :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...