September 2, 2020

AUGUST WRAPUP (aka the month of my birthday)


Hi,

August was an okay month. It was my birthday month and I generally didn't do anything special because pandemic 😩 I had a pretty good reading month though. I got through 6 books this month, 2 of those of get-it-over-with books and the other 4 of those I have 3.5 and higher which is a really good sign.

On other things, I feel that I haven't been in the mood to watch anything which kind of disappoints me. I went back to watching Teasing Master Takagi-san  season 2 on Netflix but stopped at episode 11 just because life. idk. I just didn't feel like watching. I'd occasionally rewatch Big Bang Theory but other than that, I just saved a bunch of stuff on Netflix.

Aside from that a few more things: (1) hate that somehow the Yankees aren't doing that well the last 3 or 4 series (not in first place yo!); (2) I've somehow increased my posts per week and I've also tried blog hopping more often than before; (3) I am finally getting back to eGalleys on my Kindle (I'll try to finish maybe 2 or 3 this month along side the physical books I'm reading this month; (4) back to drawing (I mentioned this last weekend reads, I believe, and while I'm being too slow, I've done things differently this time around and probably an improvement on my work before, I think).


books read


Hourglass (Evernight #3) by Claudia Gray | The Name of Red (Red #1) by Beena Khan | The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe | Afterlife (Evernight #4) by Claudia Gray | Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley | The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club #1) by Lyssa Kay Adams

quick thoughts right here with their respective Popsugar prompts👇
Hourglass - kinda better than the first 2 books but still frustrating to read. I'll have my review up next week!
The Name of Red - I enjoyed this. There's a good development on the characters and I absolutely love the meeting of the two main characters, Red and Kabir 💖
The Librarian of Auschwitz (published on your birthday month) - such a good read. Recommended if you like to read more about life in Auschwitz camp during WWII. Not really spoiler alert: Anne Frank was briefly mentioned. Also, some of the people in here are actually real which is interesting.
Afterlife - final book in the Evernight series and I am glad that I'm done. This is such a frustrating books and that ending was just too convenient I hate it. Probably review soon!
Worlds of Ink and Shadow (has a book on the cover)- LOVED THIS! It's about the Bronte's world, Verdopolis and I kind of see a bit of parallel in Emily's and Charlotte's characters to their books: Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. Will try to have a review soon!
The Bromance Book Club (about  a book club) - LOVED THIS! The romance, the boys of the Bromance book club, loved both Gavin and Thea, the sibling/family relationship, even Gavin's stuttering (because I stutter in my 1st language, Filipino!! So I relate to that!), love the baseball bits. Probably review soon!


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I hope you did get some lovely presents.
    I always look forward to my birthday, because on that night my living room is just filled with loved ones. I'm going to miss that this year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Esther! No presents this time because of Covid, sadly.
      I do look forward to my birthday on a regular year because same as you, I get to see everyone I love :)

      Delete
  2. At least you had a good reading month and are getting your blogger mojo back. I call that a win during the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Good reading months are always good. I'm glad to have my blogger mojo back but hate that my internet went off for a while but I'm so glad to be back :)

      Delete
  3. I think my comment in progress posted?? Anyway - trying again lol

    I read 6 books too. I didn't realize I had read that many. I love the BBC series too.

    And happy belated birthday!!!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen!! Sometimes you really just read and read and see how many they are at the end of the month! Just fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...