September 6, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where I'm probably in a slump but I don't care

Hi,

This week felt like it just flew by. I'm scared of days going by fast. I want to do a lot of things and I feel that I'm wasting days. I don't know.

I didn't read much this week. Just wasn't in the mood for it. I finally finished the anime Sing "Yesterday" for Me. I watched it with my little sister. THAT ENDING is so underwhelming. Although I'm probably saying this because I have an ending in my minds that I think really fits for its mood in general and THAT didn't happen. ohwell. I want to marathon more anime I set aside for so long. 

After reading The Bromance Book Club and absolutely falling in love with it, I think I'm headed for a s slump? idk. but I just have a weird feeling about it. I'm not getting absorbed with what I'm reading right now and I'm also more into drawing than reading right now. So there's that. But we'll see. I'll try to get to it this week.

On some fun things, I'm no Atlanta Braves fan but I just have fun seeing Blooper everyday. Love all his antics. especially last year's.


As a Yankees fan, I absolutely LOVE this!! LOVE how Kratz just take care of the young upcoming players especially the Hispanic players who had to leave their country to try and break into MLB.

current reads

Brave New World | Aldous Huxley
I like the world but for some reasons I am not absorbed to it as much as I hoped so which somehow disappoints me. I hope to get through this soon though since it is quite short

Sorry I Missed You | Suzy Krause
Still same thoughts of Sorry I Missed You. Enjoying this but also not very invested in it. It's a good chill book and I'm sure a lot of people could fly through this book since it's just fun characters and really light story. Although even up to now, I'm still not completely sure where this is headed.

ON THE BLOG
Review: Stargazer (Evernight #2) by Claudia Gray (got a bit better but still bad)
August Wrap Up: pretty good reading month in general


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?

let's connect!
 

6 comments:

  1. I was just saying how I feel like I waste more time now than when I had to go out to work and actually had social commitments. I am trying to get back into some sort of schedule and have to stop telling myself that I could do it "later". I hope you find something to snap you out of your slump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam! A schedule and sticking to it definitely seems like the key. Although it also seems hard to follow them sometimes because of unexpected things and odd moods.

      Delete
  2. I think this happened before but either my comment went before I finished or got deleted lol I'll try again...

    I'm reading but sooooo slowly. I used to read a book per day but now it takes me weeks.

    Hope you find something to hold your attention. I loved BBC!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! I know I can read a 300+ book in 2 to 3 days but somehow it took me 2 1/2 weeks to get through this last book. I didn't like it but I'm recovering.

      Delete
  3. I love the Bromance Book Club! I need to read the latest one, some how I missed getting it when it was an ARC, I don't know what I was thinking. I hope you are able to get the things done that you need too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it took me a while to read The Bromance Book Club! I'm really excited to get the 2nd book when I finally get to go to a bookstore :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...