September 24, 2020

BOOKS FROM THE BACKLOG #11

Hi,

Books from the Backlog is a weekly feature hosted by Carole @ Carole's Random Life in Books.

title:
 My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry
author: Fredrik Backman
genre: adult fiction, contemporary
published: April 5th 2016 by Washington Square Press (first published September 4th 2013)
my copy: paperback, 372 pages
purchase: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository | Fully Booked
Elsa is seven years old and different. Her grandmother is seventy-seven years old and crazy, standing-on-the-balcony-firing-paintball-guns-at-men-who-want-to-talk-about-Jesus-crazy. She is also Elsa's best, and only, friend. At night Elsa takes refuge in her grandmother's stories, in the Land of Almost-Awake and the Kingdom of Miamas where everybody is different and nobody needs to be normal. 
When Elsa's grandmother dies and leaves behind a series of letters apologizing to people she has wronged, Elsa's greatest adventure begins. Her grandmother's letters lead her to an apartment building full of drunks, monsters, attack dogs, and totally ordinary old crones, but also to the truth about fairytales and kingdoms and a grandmother like no other.
why did I get this. Because it's a Backman book. Why else would I get it? To be honest all I know about this is that it's got a bit of humor and young Elsa will send letters to people that came from her notorious grandmother.
why is it still in my tbr. just not up for it, I guess. I read a few pages before and it was good and quite amusing to read. I was just not in the mood for it I guess? 


HOW ABOUT YOU
Have you read these books? What do you think of them? Should I put them at the top of my tbr?

let's connect!

10 comments:

  1. Ugh, my backlog is huge and shows no signs of lessening any time soon! I actually want to buy Fredrik Backman's latest book, but I daren't until I get through some of that very same backlog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had read Britt Marie a while back and FINALLY picked up another Backman book (Ove). My heart! I must read them all. I have a hold for this book and cannot wait for it to come through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Frederik Backman until recently. Not sure if he's a good fit for me but maybe I'll give one of his books a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read one of his books. I definitely understand the mood part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I might have this one somewhere on my shelves. I have only read one of his books but I really enjoyed it. I hope this one is a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently finished my first Backman and enjoyed it. I'll have to consider this one as well. Hope you end up loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this one, and hope you will too when you read it! I have several of Backman's other books on my TBR shelves I still have yet to read. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that book on my Kindle...and I really need to bring it forward! Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read this one and I head over heels adored. The writing was lovely and the story and message was bittersweet and heartwarming. I definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...