August 7, 2018

#breakyourTBRapart 2018 Round 2! TBR

#breakyourTBRapart TBR!!
Hi,

As you may have noticed by now, I'm on a reading AND blogging slump. I haven't consistently posted reviews and whatnot. I haven't even read much books these past few weeks which really bums me out. I'm looking for read-a-thons to join so that I'll be challenged and motivated to read. And I found #BreakyourTBRapart over at twitter! YAY for this!

things about #breakyourTBRapart
- reading challenge runs from August 10th to August 16th
- I honestly have no idea who's hosting this so please let me know if by any chance you have an idea 😅
- you can follow their twitter account though!
- the annoucement post can be found here!!
- the reading challenges are:
  1. Read the last book you purchased
  2. Read a book that you've had on your TBR for quite a while
  3. Read a book that has something to do with summer
  4. Read a book with a character that is different from you (can be of race, religion, etc.)
  5. Read a book published from the last three years (2018, 2017, 2016)
  6. Read a book that has the letter 'N' in the title
  7. Read 7 books!

As always, this is a tentative TBR and it may change depending on my mood 😅

#BreakyourTBRapart TBR


Mary Barton | Elizabeth Gaskell (last book purchased)
I recently bought this book along with How to Find Love in a Bookshop which I'm currently reading and I'm hoping to finish before this read-a-thon starts. This will also count towards my #CLASSICSATHON books 😉 It's quite a large book but I'm hoping that I'll get absorbed in it especially since I'll start this on a weekend.
The Cure for Dreaming | Cat Winters (on my TBR for months now!)
I've been putting this on my monthly TBR for a few months now. And I shamefully haven't even started it. I haven't even opened it again! Literally shaming myself right now.
Cooking for Picasso | Camille Aubray (something to do with summer)
uuhh... the cover kind of feels like summer... I think? I don't know. I don't even know what this is about. My co-worker just gave this to me early this year. It looks interesting. Also it says Picasso... so why not? But yeah, this challenge felt a bit difficult for me to pick a book (I really only have The Unexpected Everything that really gives a summer vibes but that book is lengthy!
The Diary of a Young Girl | Anne Frank (character that's different from you)
She's a Jew who experience the frightening time of WWII (as everyone knows). and I'm... well... an awkward and totally quiet introvert (unlike Anne who LOVES talking ohmygosh) Filipino Catholic. I've already started this and I'm really liking it although I set it aside for How to Find Love in a Bookshop because books set in bookshops/bookstores are always my jam. lol.


The Woman in the Window | A.J. Finn (recently published)
I picked this because I've already started it. Also, I just borrowed it so best that I really get into it. I was actually quite hyped for this book but when I finally got my hands on it and read a couple of chapters, I'm just like all 'meh' to it. I don't even know why. Unpopular opinion, maybe?
Dear Martin | Nic Stone (letter 'N' in the title)
Random pick for me for that random challenge 😅 Also, because I've been putting this on almost every read-a-thon TBR I do which makes me shame myself all over again. This is a very short book so why haven't I even read this?
Genuine Fraud | E. Lockhart (7th book!)
I started reading this book late last year when I finally got it. This was another hyped book for me just because it's written by E. Lockhart but when I started it... I just... kind of don't get it? So I just can't get into it? So I decided to put it off for a while? So yeah... I'm going to try and finally finish this!

HOW ABOUT YOU
Are you joining the #breakyourTBRapart? If so, what books are on your TBR? Do we have any similarities? Which of these should I read first?

How's your TBR doing? We're halfway through the year, how you read more than you've purchased? Do you think it's at a daunting number like mine?

let's connect!

4 comments:

  1. My TBR never stays the same either! XD I've been interested in The Cure for Dreaming for awhile - such an interesting cover! I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started reading The Cure for Dreaming yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far -- historical fiction about women's suffrage, a time where women don't have a voice, and a strong female lead who'd want to fight for what she believes in. also, I have to agree that the cover is interesting! Thanks, Tracy! :D

      Delete
  2. Good luck with this readathon, Czai! Hope it fixes your reading and blogging slumps 😊💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cova! I have high hopes that my reading slump will be over soon :) as for my blogging slump, I'm not really sure about that. But I always try to get my mood up for it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...