August 20, 2018

[WEEKEND READS] where I barely read anything and miserably failed #breakyourTBRapart

Hello,

We all know I was bound to fail that read-a-thon because of work but I still want to try. And I did fail. But I'm continuing the book I was reading from the read-a-thon which is The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters. And I'm actually liking it. If only I have so much time and energy to get some reading.

Little life update corner -- my new job is still not completely working out for me. It's been a month and I'm still feeling unmotivated and not happy with my environment (could be the lack of readers or something, ohmy which is non-existing btw). so it's really a it's-not-you-it's-me case going on here 😔

after finishing this post, it feels and looks so dead. lol. i mean, i'm in a slump, what updates do i have anyway?

recent reads

n/a
this slump is getting so real. i hope it ends soon 😓

current reads

The Cure for Dreaming | Cat Winters
I am still currently reading this beauty and I'm really loving it. It's taking forever though because I don't have much reading time as well as energy to really get some reading done. But if I can, I'll read this in one sitting 😉 I was actually quite busy earlier cleaning my room and rearranging my things and my shelf but I still try to get a chapter or two from this book every now and then because I want to get through it and read more and see how things will go.
Also, have I told you before that Cat Winter's writing is beautiful? It's one of those books that you really have to read word per word.


next reads

The Road Beyond Ruin | Gemma Liviero
When the author shoot me a DM over at twitter asking if I'd want an advance copy of the book, I had to say YES immediately. Gemma Liviero is the author of Broken Angels which I read in 2016 and LOVED. It's one of my fave books and definitely a WWII book I will always recommend. This next book comes out in January 1st 2019 😊 (i was going to post the cover but realized that it's not available anywhere at this point. sooo not spoiling it 😅).

HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...