May 12, 2020

15 Book Series I NEED to Finish



Hi,

I'm going through my tbr books and noticed some series I haven't' finished. Thus, I decided to actually list down the series I kind of plan to get through and some of this hopefully this year?

I want to get through book series this year because last year, I was able to get through The Hunger Games trilogy and thought that maybe I can do that again this year. I plan to start this with the Divergent trilogy THEN try to go through the book series with one book remaining for me to read  It's gonna be a wild reading year for me since I do plan to take my reading seriously this year (especially since my 2019 reading was terrible. TERRIBLE!).

Shades of Magic | V.E. Schwab
I read A Darker Shade of Magic late last year and absolutely loved it. I bought A Gathering of Shadows a month after. LOVE the world although it took me quite a while to actually get into it.

Harry Potter | J.K. Rowling
I'm already 4 books into this series and I LOVE it although I have to admit that I'm not as much as everyone else. By that I mean I don't have the entire details of the book or the characters or the spells in my head. I suck at that and my mind is somewhat not that invested in this. But I still love it obviously. 3 books to go and I already have all of them.

The Accelerati Trilogy | Neal Shusterman, Eric Elfman
I got a copy of this one when it was released then kept it unread until last year. I was scared of middle grade books, okay? They really just don't feel like my thing. But then again, I'll read every Neal Shusterman book. lol. I have book 3, Hawking's Hallway, already. Time to go hunting for book 2, Edison's Alley.

Skinjacker | Neal Shusterman
Another Neal Shusterman novel that took me forever to read. But I really liked it gave off that Unwind vibes (but Unwind is still 1000% times better to be honest) with that character development and adventure story. I got the second book from a secondhand bookshop. Gotta search for the third one now!

Millenium Series | Stieg Larsson (Larsson books only!!)
My book best friend pushed me read the first book and I liked it. A few months after that, he lent me books 2 and 3. and I'll probably stop at that. or not? If you're following this series, tell me why should I or why should I read not read past book 3.


The Queen of the Tearling | Erika Johansen
Another book my best friend pushed me to read. Although, I already have a kindle copy of this but wasn't that motivated to read it. He lent me a physical copy and pushed me to read it and I did. and I have an 'okay' feel for it. I will finish the series but not really so hyped up for it.

Southern Reach | Jeff VanderMeer
I LOVE the first book and I got BORED with the second book. I will read the final book though. Just not soon. I guess. But maybe this year? Because this is the year of completing series!!

Caraval | Stephanie Garber
This is the first series I'll say I'm not sure if I'll actually complete this generally because I don't read much YA anymore and I read this a couple of years back. But who knows, convince me please.

Themis Files | Sylvain Neuvel
I started and restarted the second book. I will read this series and I will finish it. It's really intriguing although I did read somewhat disappointed reviews for the third book.

Red Queen | Victoria Aveyard
I feel that I'm done with this series right from the first book because it was 'meh' but then I was curious of Maven but book 2 was bad. Then I read book 3 for more Maven but it was terrible. I still plan to read book 4 to see how it ends for Maven. hahaha




The Gold Seer Trilogy | Rae Carson (bored in book 2? reconsider?)
Like Caraval, I might or might not drop this series. I read about 100 pages of the second book and I just don't care about it. I get bored and I don't care about anything that happens. I will try to give it another go though and if it still doesn't work out for me, I'm dropping it for good.

Throne of Glass | Sarah J. Maas (reread!!)
I have until book 4 of this series and I am somewhat determined to actually finish this (?) Kind of. idk But I want to finish it as of today so maybe I will. haha. I will buy the next 3 books depending on my enjoyment of the fourth one I guess.

The Young Elites |  Marie Lu
I have all the books of this series. I read the first book then reread it to prepare myself for the second book. LOVED the reread but I still haven't finished the second book which is weird because it was actually quite good. I may have to get back to this and hopefully get through the third book this year a well.

Divergent | Veronica Roth (reread!!)
I wrote this post before starting my Divergent  reread and now I've finished my reread of the first 2 books. On to the third book soon-ish!

Parasitology | Mira Grant (look for copies!!)
The only problem I have with this is that I can't seem to find copies of this series. I've seen them a couple of times then but wasn't that convinced to continue. But now, I'd like to get to this. I'll probably do a reread of Parasite then binge read the  next two (at least that's what I want to happen).


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
What book series do you NEED to finish? Do we have anything in common? Any of these I should prioritize?

let's connect!

10 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about Neal Shusterman's work and yet I still haven't read anything by him! I've owned a copy of Unwind for years, so I think it's about time I gave his books a try. I hope you enjoy all of these series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get a chance to read his books! He's my all time fave author and I just love anything he writes. Thank you, Jess! :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed the Shades of Magic series and hope you end up enjoying the rest. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the first book. I just have't gotten into the mood of picking up the next one. Definitely soon! Thanks Alicia!

      Delete
  3. I haven't finished some of these either. I have no intention of finishing Red Queen. The second book was painful, and I just have no interest in it any longer. I do need to finish TOG and Caraval. I wish I had never read the last Divergent book. I felt really let down by it, but I loved the ending of the Gold Seer series, and though it wasn't what I wanted, we'll call the ending to Young Elites bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second book was definitely a struggle for me. I decided to just continue it because I have a weird interest in Maven. I'm reading the Allegiant today and I'm not really expecting anything from it. I just want to get this series over and done with. Also, thanks for your thoughts on the Gold Seer series. It's one of those I'm on-the-fence books. Thanks, Sam!! :)

      Delete
  4. Haha there are a lot of these I have not finished either. I think I really have to love a series to commit to it. I used to be a finisher way back in the day, but no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand you. I didn't even realize that I've been holding off several series until recently. hahhaha

      Delete
  5. I pretty much cut out most series a few years ago because it had gotten out of control. The one I need to finish though is Crooked Kingdom. I started it - but I've been stuck on page 40 for about 5 years lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate being stuck in a middle of a book that's part of a series. I think I got stuck in the middle of The Rose Society by Marie Lu, restarted it then got stuck again. I know it probably means I should drop it but I still kind of want to restart it again. lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...