May 28, 2020

BOOKS FROM THE BACKLOG #5


Hi,


Books from the Backlog is a weekly feature hosted by Carole @ Carole's Random Life in Books. I'm doing double features every other week: one physical book and one ebook.



title: Afterworlds
author: Sott Westerfeld

genre: young adult, fantasy, contemporary

published: September 23rd 2014 by Simon & Schuster

format: paperback, 599 pages

purchase: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository

Darcy Patel has put college and everything else on hold to publish her teen novel, Afterworlds. Arriving in New York with no apartment or friends she wonders whether she's made the right decision until she falls in with a crowd of other seasoned and fledgling writers who take her under their wings...Told in alternating chapters is Darcy's novel, a suspenseful thriller about Lizzie, a teen who slips into the 'Afterworld' to survive a terrorist attack. But the Afterworld is a place between the living and the dead and as Lizzie drifts between our world and that of the Afterworld, she discovers that many unsolved - and terrifying - stories need to be reconciled. And when a new threat resurfaces, Lizzie learns her special gifts may not be enough to protect those she loves and cares about most.

why did I get this. I think it was hyped then? Because Scott Westerfeld is a well loved author (?) for his Uglies series (which I've never read. sorry). Also, I think that a book within a book is a very interesting concept.

why is it still in my tbr. I'm intimidated by home huge it is. The book is legit too heavy.



title: Bookishly Ever After (Ever After #1)
author: Isabel Bandeira

genre: young adult, contemporary, romance

published: January 12th 2016 by Spencer Hill Press

format: ebook, 250 pages

purchase: Amazon | B&NBook Depository

goodreads

In a perfect world, sixteen-year-old Phoebe Martins' life would be a book. Preferably one filled with magic and a hot paranormal love interest. Unfortunately, her life probably wouldn't even qualify for a quiet contemporary. 

Everything changes when Phoebe learns that Dev, the hottest guy in the clarinet section, might actually have a crush on her. So, Phoebe turns to the heroines in her favorite books for inspiration, but becoming as awesome as her book characters isn't as easy as it sounds. When another girl nets Dev for herself right out from under Phoebe's nose, she's crushed. 

And, to up the suckage, she gets assigned as his co-counselor at a sixth grade camp and has to spend an entire week tied to the hip with the one guy on the planet she wanted to avoid. Can she make it through the potential danger of romantic bonfires and nature walks, or will her counseling career end in emotional disaster? Can she ever go back to her happy world of fictional boys after falling for the real thing?


why did I get this. because it says bookish? I'm just out here grabbing books about books and bookish people I guess. And now after reading this synopsis, I don't even know if I'm actually reading it at some point.

why is it still in my tbr. kind of not interested in it anymore?



HOW ABOUT YOU

Have you read these books? What do you think of them? Should I put them at the top of my tbr?



let's connect!

4 comments:

  1. My co-bloggers were gaga for Afterworlds, and they are pretty picky. I think I have Bookishly Ever After too. I mean, it has bookish in the title. It is obviously calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great to know, Sam!! Should probably get Afterwords at the top of my tbr list. I started Bookishly Ever After and I kind of don't like it. But I'll probably got through and finish it.

      Delete
  2. I have not read Scott Westerfield but my daughter loved his Uglies series. I remember seeing Bookishly Ever After around a couple of years ago. I hope you enjoy both of these if you decide to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so nice to know. I've been considering the Uglies series but it's quite difficult to find it recently. Thank you, Carole :) I actually just started Bookishly Ever After.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...